So I'm feeling a little blue tonight. It snowed all day and it's cold, James had to go back to work, I have everything done for our home study but can't meet with the social worker until James gets back in a few weeks and I'm just going stir crazy.
I decided to check on the weather in the Ukraine. 42 degrees with a slight wind. Somehow I felt if I knew what the weather was like where he was I'd feel more connected?
I did dumb things like re-read my blog (Which has quite a few grammatical errors I might add) and I sorted through all the pictures we took while Lex was here.
I talked with Jen on the phone and we shared concerns and fears. Later my mom came over and asked me if I'd heard from Lex? I tried not to growl but I know I was abrupt. How the heck am I suppose to hear from him? I've sent two letters but I'm sure they take 10+ days to get there and who knows if he even has postage yet to write back to me? He doesn't have email and even if I called, I couldn't talk to him without an interpreter.
I gave her updated pictures of all the kids including Lex. (Which she loved!)
I did get a sweet email from the social worker that she was typing up our file and doing what she can while James is away.
I tried to start filling out Yuri's paper work and contracts but it sounds like I need to complete the home study before that. I don't know. Anyone who's been through this before, please tell me what to work on!
I keep checking my email to see if any of the translators have translated Alexey's letter I made him write about adoption. Either it says awful things and they don't want to tell me, or his spelling is so bad they can't figure it out or they have their own lives and just haven't gotten around to translating my letter!
The best part of my day was I showed a house. Gotta sell houses to get my boy.
I should be working on sorting through the Reflection entries but instead I'm reading blogs about others who have their children home and I'm jealous so I'm left to post a pathetic entry on my own blog.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
My pathetic blog....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 of my blog friends said something...:
All I've wanted to do was sit and look at pictures and life caught up with me this week and I've been too busy. I think I have similar feelings and reading other peoples blogs it sounds like it takes forever to get a travel date! When Natalia was hear it sounded like 5-7 months. I'm impressed you guys have your home study paperwork done. We aren't even half way, I'm hoping we can do a lot saturday. Good luck, he's a darling boy.
Wendy- don't worry your blog is great! and not pathetic. So lexy went back to Ukraine?! is he coming back?
Post a Comment