Not my favorite holiday. Too much guilt associated with it. You know, you hear stories about all these fabulous mothers doing stupendous things and I think, "Dang, I'm not doing so good!"
So this year, James was out of town with work and it was just me and the children. Rylee made me breakfast in bed. German pancakes with plenty of powdered sugar (notice the bag on the tray?) Then we went to church and Alex was mad because I spiked his hair-but he looks so cute with spiked hair-and he sulked through most of sacrament meeting.
Rylee sang with the Primary but Alex refused to go up then he pointed out that my mom (sitting next to me) was there and I should go up and sing to her. He had a point....
We came home and I was showered with gifts from my youngest three thanks to teachers and church leaders. When Alex notice that Kambree and Austin didn't give me a "prisint" he asked them. "You no lova Mama?" Needless to say, they felt a little bad about that.
Alex & Rylee also presented me with two little loaves of bread from Primary. We left everything on the couch and ran to my Grandma's while dinner was cooking. When we got back I asked Rylee to go get the little loaves of bread and we'd have them with dinner. She couldn't find Alex's loaf. I spotted it outside the doggie door. Ella had taken it. I sent Alex out for it and he sadly brought it in-it was half way eaten.
Alex turned up his nose at most everything I made for dinner and sulked through the entire affair. He did this Saturday night too when we went out to ice cream and refused to eat any. Saturday I think he had too much sun, too much frustration with learning how to live with a family and he complained of a headache. When we got back from ice cream he cried for about an hour but allowed me to hold him and comfort him until the ibuprofen kicked in.
So, after dinner on Sunday I asked him to come to the computer for a "talk". I've yet to talk to him through the translation program. I was pretty sure he was bent out of shape over dinner and his hair. I sat him down and before I started typing I asked what is wrong. His eyes filled with tears and he said in this little voice, "My...cake." and he burst into tears. He was upset that Ella had eaten my "Mama Day's" bread. Again he let me hold him and comfort him and within 15 minutes he was okay.
That night we went to my parents for dessert and he had fun playing freeze tag with his cousins and siblings. They were playing so well that I stayed longer than I planned as I didn't want to stop their fun.
Today when he went to school he not only wore a helmet (hurray) but asked me to spike his hair.
See isn't he cute?

At 2:00-when Alex gets out of school-I was still at the grocery store checking out. I called Alex and he picked up the phone immediately. We managed to have a conversation with me explaining I'd be home in five minutes and to stay in the house. When I got home, he helped me load in all the groceries and it was a lot! We were out of everything. Alex was so impressed with how much I bought he wanted to take a picture to show to his brother Ivan. That made me laugh.
Rylee sang with the Primary but Alex refused to go up then he pointed out that my mom (sitting next to me) was there and I should go up and sing to her. He had a point....
We came home and I was showered with gifts from my youngest three thanks to teachers and church leaders. When Alex notice that Kambree and Austin didn't give me a "prisint" he asked them. "You no lova Mama?" Needless to say, they felt a little bad about that.
Alex & Rylee also presented me with two little loaves of bread from Primary. We left everything on the couch and ran to my Grandma's while dinner was cooking. When we got back I asked Rylee to go get the little loaves of bread and we'd have them with dinner. She couldn't find Alex's loaf. I spotted it outside the doggie door. Ella had taken it. I sent Alex out for it and he sadly brought it in-it was half way eaten.
Alex turned up his nose at most everything I made for dinner and sulked through the entire affair. He did this Saturday night too when we went out to ice cream and refused to eat any. Saturday I think he had too much sun, too much frustration with learning how to live with a family and he complained of a headache. When we got back from ice cream he cried for about an hour but allowed me to hold him and comfort him until the ibuprofen kicked in.
So, after dinner on Sunday I asked him to come to the computer for a "talk". I've yet to talk to him through the translation program. I was pretty sure he was bent out of shape over dinner and his hair. I sat him down and before I started typing I asked what is wrong. His eyes filled with tears and he said in this little voice, "My...cake." and he burst into tears. He was upset that Ella had eaten my "Mama Day's" bread. Again he let me hold him and comfort him and within 15 minutes he was okay.
That night we went to my parents for dessert and he had fun playing freeze tag with his cousins and siblings. They were playing so well that I stayed longer than I planned as I didn't want to stop their fun.
Today when he went to school he not only wore a helmet (hurray) but asked me to spike his hair.
See isn't he cute?
At 2:00-when Alex gets out of school-I was still at the grocery store checking out. I called Alex and he picked up the phone immediately. We managed to have a conversation with me explaining I'd be home in five minutes and to stay in the house. When I got home, he helped me load in all the groceries and it was a lot! We were out of everything. Alex was so impressed with how much I bought he wanted to take a picture to show to his brother Ivan. That made me laugh.

7 of my blog friends said something...:
I'm really so happy you are back. It has brought a little Ukraine back to me and gets me more and more excited to see my girls. I especially loved having Alex roam around my house, it brought back some sweet memories. Thanks for being a great friend!
That is a really cute picture of Alex with spiked hair and a bike helmet on!
I love the first paragraph of this post and I love how sweet Alex is about his Mom.
Alex is just so so cute, love his smile as this is what God intended to do, to put him in your home, to give one child a chance to be happy and have a family to be loved by.
Forgot to tell you,I wanted you to have the best of Mother's day as you deserve it after all what you put up with in the UK....Love ya !
Thanks for stopping by! If you ever need O to talk to Alex she loves to tell other adopted kids how they should behave LOL! Love the pics and blog!
So happy for you!
Post a Comment