I happy to report we lived through yesterday!
After getting Ry to her first rehearsal we all piled in the van to pick her up and go to Devree's parade & performance in Midvale for Cinco De Mayo. It was lightly raining. By the time we got there it was pouring! We dropped Devree off and went and parked the van in my cousin's driveway-which just happens to be along the parade route and sat in the van while we were pelted with rain. Poor Alex, I had told him we were going to a parade and the park but I'm not sure he knows what a parade is and he's face was so confused, "Why in the world are we sitting in the van, in some random driveway in the rain?" He was probably thinking.
The parade finally started and lame does not even begin to describe it as everyone is just IN their cars driving. We don't even know which car Devree is in but we cheered from all the cars and waved. The best part was that we were one of the only spectators so when the one brave soul walking and handing out candy came by, she just gave us the whole bag!
We then went to the local park for Dev's performance and luckily the rain had let us some. Rylee's shoes were soaked so I had her on my back piggy back style with a blanket wrapped around her feet. I got a "your are the best mom in the whole world comment" from her.
We bought some yummy steak taco's and Alex really liked them, then he asked for a hot dog-a BACON wrapped hot dog-can you think of anything more unhealthy? I knew he would like it as he really likes pork fat and these were wrapped in it! He and Rylee both had one.
He and Austin and Hayden (Austin's friend and accomplice in hanging that stupid "hammock" in the front of our house) went off and played in the soggy grass while we waited in other soggy grass for the performance to start.
Alex asked "da doma?" a few times throughout this adventure, as I'm sure he's thinking, "What the heck? Why are we standing around in the rain? Let's go home!" Not to mention most of the announcements are in Spanish so I'm not even understating what's going on. (Which reminded me so much of being in Ukraine.) But Spanish might just sound the same as English to Alex at this point.
After the performance we rushed home to get ready for Wicked. I came out of my room in a dress and Alex's face was in a panic. "Now where are we going?" I'm sure is what he was thinking. No worries Alex, you're staying home with Kambree and Austin. (Kambree had already attended Wicked with my friend as we switched tickets because my original tickets were while I was in the Ukraine-and Austin would just as soon have a root canal then attend a play!)
The show was fabulous but we got to our car in the Capitol Theater parking terrace at 4:47 and Rylee was suppose to be to Murray High at 5:00 for her call before her 5:30 dress rehearsal. I held traffic for Kammy to back out and fortunately I had enough foresight to throw Ry's costume and makeup in the trunk. So, we dressed & made up Rylee in the backseat while Kammy drove like our Ukrainian drivers-less the potholes-to the school!
We dropped her off at the school and I came home to the front door open and soon Alex running out with a couch pillow in his hands and hiding behind me and Austin quickly following with a pillow as well. Both boys (and Hayden) were perspiring and panting. Apparently they were having an incredibly fun pillow fight. (And had to open the front door because I'd left the fire on to dry out every one's shoes and they had worked up a sweat and needed to air out the place?)
I fed everyone quickly and we once again piled in the car for Rylee's performance. Austin and Alex had to run back into the house to bring electronic entertainment. (Austin really hates dance recitals-I'm thinking Alex isn't going to be much of a fan either!)
Rylee was the 5th performance out of about 20 so once Rylee was done Alex asked in his pantomime broken English way if she would perform again. No. Da Doma? No. Grunt and huff and then he curled up on his chair and fell asleep. I woke him up at one point as he looked so uncomfortable and he got mad at me because his neck was hurting. I know, that's why I woke him up-so he could straighten out. He fell back asleep with his head back and sprawled out in his chair, and he was really asleep. He was even snoring!
The recital finally got over and we tried to hurry Alex home. We ran through the drive through at Wendy's (as I was informed it's a TRADITION to get ice cream after recitals by Austin) and I got Alex a fry-he perked up a little then but as soon as we got home-he put himself right to bed. Between the jet lag, the riding of his bike for probably four hours, the pillow fight and the numerous performances he sat through, he was exhausted.
One funny thing that happened was that he asked if school was tomorrow. No, it's Sunday. He acted distraught by pounding his fist on the bar and making crying noises and saying "English!" Like "How am I suppose to learn English?" This came as a huge surprise for me, I really thought I'd be fighting him about going to school and here he is just anxious to go. That made me incredibly happy.
He seems to be adjusting well, he likes to drink the pickle juice out of the pickle jar and that makes all of us shudder and he's not a fan of my cooking but he does at least try everything.
I'm very proud of how well he handled our crazy day and how well he and Austin are doing. I overheard Austin's friend ask him who's Digi was on the couch and Austin answered "My brothers." then he said something to the effect "Wow, I've never said 'my brother' before-that is so weird!"
Our days are not always this crazy. Often, but not always.
Today, Sunday, should be slower....I'll let you know how he does at church, he already grimaces when I mention it so this might be an adventure....
After getting Ry to her first rehearsal we all piled in the van to pick her up and go to Devree's parade & performance in Midvale for Cinco De Mayo. It was lightly raining. By the time we got there it was pouring! We dropped Devree off and went and parked the van in my cousin's driveway-which just happens to be along the parade route and sat in the van while we were pelted with rain. Poor Alex, I had told him we were going to a parade and the park but I'm not sure he knows what a parade is and he's face was so confused, "Why in the world are we sitting in the van, in some random driveway in the rain?" He was probably thinking.
The parade finally started and lame does not even begin to describe it as everyone is just IN their cars driving. We don't even know which car Devree is in but we cheered from all the cars and waved. The best part was that we were one of the only spectators so when the one brave soul walking and handing out candy came by, she just gave us the whole bag!
We then went to the local park for Dev's performance and luckily the rain had let us some. Rylee's shoes were soaked so I had her on my back piggy back style with a blanket wrapped around her feet. I got a "your are the best mom in the whole world comment" from her.
We bought some yummy steak taco's and Alex really liked them, then he asked for a hot dog-a BACON wrapped hot dog-can you think of anything more unhealthy? I knew he would like it as he really likes pork fat and these were wrapped in it! He and Rylee both had one.
He and Austin and Hayden (Austin's friend and accomplice in hanging that stupid "hammock" in the front of our house) went off and played in the soggy grass while we waited in other soggy grass for the performance to start.
Alex asked "da doma?" a few times throughout this adventure, as I'm sure he's thinking, "What the heck? Why are we standing around in the rain? Let's go home!" Not to mention most of the announcements are in Spanish so I'm not even understating what's going on. (Which reminded me so much of being in Ukraine.) But Spanish might just sound the same as English to Alex at this point.
After the performance we rushed home to get ready for Wicked. I came out of my room in a dress and Alex's face was in a panic. "Now where are we going?" I'm sure is what he was thinking. No worries Alex, you're staying home with Kambree and Austin. (Kambree had already attended Wicked with my friend as we switched tickets because my original tickets were while I was in the Ukraine-and Austin would just as soon have a root canal then attend a play!)
The show was fabulous but we got to our car in the Capitol Theater parking terrace at 4:47 and Rylee was suppose to be to Murray High at 5:00 for her call before her 5:30 dress rehearsal. I held traffic for Kammy to back out and fortunately I had enough foresight to throw Ry's costume and makeup in the trunk. So, we dressed & made up Rylee in the backseat while Kammy drove like our Ukrainian drivers-less the potholes-to the school!
We dropped her off at the school and I came home to the front door open and soon Alex running out with a couch pillow in his hands and hiding behind me and Austin quickly following with a pillow as well. Both boys (and Hayden) were perspiring and panting. Apparently they were having an incredibly fun pillow fight. (And had to open the front door because I'd left the fire on to dry out every one's shoes and they had worked up a sweat and needed to air out the place?)
I fed everyone quickly and we once again piled in the car for Rylee's performance. Austin and Alex had to run back into the house to bring electronic entertainment. (Austin really hates dance recitals-I'm thinking Alex isn't going to be much of a fan either!)
Rylee was the 5th performance out of about 20 so once Rylee was done Alex asked in his pantomime broken English way if she would perform again. No. Da Doma? No. Grunt and huff and then he curled up on his chair and fell asleep. I woke him up at one point as he looked so uncomfortable and he got mad at me because his neck was hurting. I know, that's why I woke him up-so he could straighten out. He fell back asleep with his head back and sprawled out in his chair, and he was really asleep. He was even snoring!
The recital finally got over and we tried to hurry Alex home. We ran through the drive through at Wendy's (as I was informed it's a TRADITION to get ice cream after recitals by Austin) and I got Alex a fry-he perked up a little then but as soon as we got home-he put himself right to bed. Between the jet lag, the riding of his bike for probably four hours, the pillow fight and the numerous performances he sat through, he was exhausted.
One funny thing that happened was that he asked if school was tomorrow. No, it's Sunday. He acted distraught by pounding his fist on the bar and making crying noises and saying "English!" Like "How am I suppose to learn English?" This came as a huge surprise for me, I really thought I'd be fighting him about going to school and here he is just anxious to go. That made me incredibly happy.
He seems to be adjusting well, he likes to drink the pickle juice out of the pickle jar and that makes all of us shudder and he's not a fan of my cooking but he does at least try everything.
I'm very proud of how well he handled our crazy day and how well he and Austin are doing. I overheard Austin's friend ask him who's Digi was on the couch and Austin answered "My brothers." then he said something to the effect "Wow, I've never said 'my brother' before-that is so weird!"
Our days are not always this crazy. Often, but not always.
Today, Sunday, should be slower....I'll let you know how he does at church, he already grimaces when I mention it so this might be an adventure....

6 of my blog friends said something...:
Just catching up for the first time since you have been home. Congrats on your new arrival! Now I can't wait to read more adventures about you and your... wait, how many are there again? Congrats Wendy, so happy for you and your family!
lovely pictures, you seemed to be quite busy, when do you sleep? soon I forget how that was for me with 4 kids under the age of 5... love your blog and love ya ! ~Aunt Christine~
Glad your back !
Alex is a hoot! Reminds me so much of things Bogdan did.
Wendy, you make me tired just reading your posts. Where do you get your energy? Three dogs wear me out. You are incredible. Your daughter is absolutely beatiful in the pictures.
Kambree looks so pretty in that picture! (beautiful color on her)! Too bad it was so rainy that day.......ruined a lot of plans,I'm sure!!
Glad you're back....
Love,
Aunt Bev
I'm so glad you're home! I stopped by on Friday, but no answer. I'll try and stop by to say hi to Alex and give both of you a huge hug some time after school this week! Take care...what a fun day!
Post a Comment