Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday Summary...

Rylee got her appliance on. Her upper jaw (like mine & Kambree's) is to small so she's been fitted with an appliance that we crank each day and slowly it will widen her jaw. It was an ordeal getting it on Friday. It fits into the roof of her mouth and is held in place by four bands, two on each side. The back teeth are permanent teeth but the front teeth the bands were to go on were baby teeth and they were so sensitive, she cried and cried and although I was there holding her hand, she would cry for me and tell me "I just want to go home." After one last try that turned into screaming more than crying, the assistants trying to fit the appliance before the doc cemented it on, gave up and turned her over to the orthodontist (who is fabulous by the way). He took the appliance in the back, shaved off the front bands, slid it on the back teeth only, cemented it in place and it was done! Thank heavens! My poor Ry. She was breaking my heart.
Thursday I went to our parent lunch and it was so fun to have Amy & Julee there fresh from Urkaine. I felt bad that it was so noisy and I felt like I didn't get a chance to talk with everyone, I'm hoping our new lunch place (1st Tuesday of each month, Archibald's at noon!) will be more conducive for mingling and chatting.
It's Memorial Day weekend and Alex is excited to have three days out of school. I'm sure everyone is excited, he's just the only one that mentions it four times a day! We don't have any fabulous plans or anything-with James being gone-but I'm trying to come up with something fun to do on Monday.
Last night I went to Jen Benson's bow making party. She's leaving in June to go get her daughter and we made lots of hair bows last night for the girls there. There are three families leaving in June to go adopt their children. When I first got home I felt so sorry for them but now I'm excited for them. The idea of going back when I first got home was so overwhelming. I had been there so long that I just felt dread for them but now that I've been home and able to reflect on my trip and adventure and realizing this is all new to them, I'm excited and happy for them. What they're about to embark on is a once in a lifetime adventure and they will be changing not only a child's life but their whole families life by bringing this child home to be a part of a family. If any of you three families are reading this post....you better post a lot about your adventure!!!
It's Saturday morning and my house is calling for me to clean it, everyone is still asleep except for Rylee and I should go make breakfast or start cleaning but what am I doing?? Reading blogs and posting this ever so boring one....

4 of my blog friends said something...:

Corbie said...

I laughed about this post because getting Alex really was like a pregnancy...at the time, you coudn't imagine ever doing it again but after awhile, the negative thoughts mostly disappear. (mostly :)

Julee said...

Your posts are never boring. Ukraine... the thought of going is exciting but I'm not sure I'll ever be ready to go back.

Diana said...

Thanks for delurking over on my blog. I always enjoy meeting new families.

Ha Ha...it's been almost two years since we adopted our boys and quite frankly I'd rather shave my legs with a spoon and eat raw hamburger than ever go back to Ukraine. Yet I left so much of my heart there and my life was forever changed by being there. I still find myself missing the simpleness of life there.

Good luck with this new phase of your journey. I'll be peeking in here more often now that I know who you are. :-)

Lori said...

Not boring at all. I couldn't be there last night to help make barettes. It sounds like you guys got a lot done.

Related Posts with Thumbnails