Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Prayer, School & Whoopee Cushion!

This morning I asked Alex if he would say the prayer at breakfast. He asked "Ukraine?" Sure I said. Then he started his prayers with thank you only it was in English, he looked up at me in surprise and covered his mouth then he started again and said the entire prayer in Russian. Hehehee, the English is already starting to sink in!
I went and spoke to his teacher this morning. She said he did great but she thinks the days are a little long for him. At 10:00 he started asking when he could go home. She's thinking maybe a half day might be better, I also introduced myself to the speech teacher and the English as a second language teacher. He'll be pulled out today for testing in English but probably not for anything with his speech until he masters the language better.
I'm going in tomorrow to talk to the reading specialist. I'm hoping she can send me home some books he can start reading. It's sort of like having a kindergartner again only one that can't talk yet!
Last night Alex got out the whoopee cushion (thanks Alex & Ann for this lovely welcome home gift) and he and Rylee giggled and laughed. The were suppose to be in bed but came down to my office to tell me they had my bed ready for me. I decided I better go to bed soon so they could get some sleep. When I went up they were in their seperate beds, both pretending to be asleep or close to it. I went in my room and sat hard on my bed, nothing. I had to peek under my pillow to find the whoopee cushion (like they thought my head would make it work?) then I hit my hand hard on the pillow making the lovely whoopee sound and Alex and Rylee burst out giggling and running into my room. They were sure they got me and of course they did. (Wink, wink!) It was sweet to see them plot and plan together. I know Alex really wants to get Kambree next!

1 of my blog friends said something...:

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Well I know he will enjoy school soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails