Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pillow Talk

Last night the kids and I watched "Amelia"-the story of Amelia Earhart. Alex asked how come I always rent boring movies? In all truth it was very boring. There's a part when Amelia is proposed to and I asked Alex-in an effort to make the movie more exciting-just how he planned on proposing to his future wife and he told me laughingly that he would not tell me. Like he already had a plan and everything. I convinced him-with a few tickles-to tell me but he didn't want Rylee to hear so he whispered in my ear. "I get two rings and say 'will you marry me?'" Very sweet and simple and such a tender whisper. I assured him that any girl he asks will say "OF COURSE I WILL!"
Everyone except Alex fell asleep before the movie ended. I got Rylee and Dev into bed and went to tuck in Alex. He asked me for a story so I gave him the Three Bears. He loved it but said in the Ukraine version Goldi Locks cleans the house. "Are you sure you're not thinking about Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs?"
"No."
Hum...maybe Goldilocks is more considerate in Ukraine? After hugs and kisses I went to leave and hear a little:
"Mom, may I sleep with you?" (Yes, just perfect like that.)
Yes. I said.
"Really? Whoohoo!!"
And he jumped out of bed and ran down to my room with a big grin.
I always read before I go to sleep so he got up to go get his book. That held is attention for about five minutes. Then he kept asking me random questions so I gave up reading and turned the light off and answered question after question. I started to drift off as he began telling me all about the aliens on Halo and their purple blood. (He's convinced that by playing Halo he will be able to defend our family from alien invaders. The only reason I allow this shooting game in my house is because they're not shooting people but aliens!)
A: Mom you sleeping?
Me: What? Oh, yes. Sorry. I got up at five to go to the gym this morning. I'm tired.
A: Why you go to gym at five o'clock?
Me: So you won't have the worlds fattest mom.
A: Mom, you not fat.
Me: Aww, thanks Alex.
A: You the bestest mom.
Me: Thanks, Alex. You're the best boy.
A: I think you skinny and beautiful.....when you were sixteen.
Me: Uh....thanks?
Alex: Mom I just like to talk and talk. And then he made some incoherent sentence with the word lonely in it. (It's 12:30 am at this point.)
Me: Alex, how can you feel lonely? You're sleeping with your mom. Tomorrow we can talk and talk. (Keep in mind we've talked for about forty five minutes by now and I am seriously having a hard time staying awake!)
So he resigned to hold my hand and we both fell asleep. The good news is he didn't talk in English or Russian in his sleep and we all managed to sleep in until almost eight thirty!
Today he and Austin had basketball games. Alex's little team got stomped on. So bad that they turned the score board off. Afterwards he came to get me on the bleachers and said with a very serious face. They beat us by two. I was speechless. Is he serious? They probably beat them by forty. "Uh....I think it was a little more than two honey." Then his face split into a big grin. "I'm just kidding!" On the way out the door he says laughing and completely pleased with himself, "I got you good...huh Mom?" "Yes, Alex you got me good!"

2 of my blog friends said something...:

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

You have a beautiful and adorable family!

Unknown said...

I love that he can tease with you! Pillow talk is the best.

Related Posts with Thumbnails