Monday, August 23, 2010

CrAzY CrYinNg DaY!

Today's the day!
Kids go to school and Kambree heads to college!
Oh my.
The kids going to school is a joyous occasion. Even they admit they're excited. The girls all have outfits laid out in anticipation. (The boys have probably put no thought into what they'll be wearing.) And I'm geared up to make sack lunches and take pictures.
We've got Kambree packed. Wonders of wonders. She started packing yesterday afternoon.
Yesterday was a crazy, crying day. 
My three girls sang in sacrament meeting and I bawled through that. Then we had a new bishop called and I realized that this bishop will probably be the bishop that sends Austin off on his mission in less than three years and I got all teary over that. Then we had a fabulous lesson in RS and I cried during that. At home I manged to get a cake made, something figured out for dinner later and Kambree going on her packing before going to my Enrichment Board meeting. Rushed home to take Kambree to the Stake Patriarchs for her blessing-which was beautiful-and I got a little weepy during that. Came home made dinner, then finished up Kambree's laundry and helped her load up our cars and went to the ice cream social to meet and greet the new bishop and say goodbye to the old bishop. Got a little verklempt there too as people keep wishing Kambree luck and asking me how I was handling her leaving.
Gee wiz. 
I hope I'm all cried out and I don't cry all the way home after dropping off Kambree. Well, let's be honest, worse case? It's a two hour drive, I should be done before I get home....right?
Please tell me this is normal and wish me luck!

8 of my blog friends said something...:

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

Bless your heart- all of your chicks are leaving in one day? No wonder you were crying! Best of luck to all of them in this new school year!
Can you explain this "mission". Do they go off somewhere far? How old are they? I'm always interested in learning more :)

Stacy said...

Good luck, you will do well. So, who was called as the new bishop? Take care.

Heidi gail walls said...

You will do well! your a awesome mother and Strong! Kambree is a strong and beautiful young lady as well. And not that i have ever moved away to college before or anything But, totally normal.

Anonymous said...

No idea what sending a daughter off to college is like, but I think I would be the same way. I was emotional yesterday too. It's the change. We want things to stay the same--sort of--but we want our kids to grow too. It's tough! Just think how awesome that she is brave enough and smart enough to go. I have friends who WISH they were in your place!

Matty and Jen-i said...

Totally normal! I can't believe she's already off to college. Her graduation pics were soo beautiful! It's hard to believe how fast times goes. I cry every time I have to pack away Sam's clothes because he's outgrown them. I can't imagine sending him away to college!

snakeriverwalton said...

she is going to fly! cry all the way home- you deserve it.

Michelle said...

But through all of that emotion yesterday, you still managed to do all of that, and make a cake! You are A-MAZING! You have raised AWESOME children, and with such grace! Cry all the way home, just be careful! :)

Wendy said...

Awww thanks bloggy friends! How fun to come home to so many comments!
Yes, I cried but actually before we left. We had a prayer and I just cried through the whole dang thing! Kambree cried too. Then once I had her going she got teary over saying goodbye to the dog! I cried following her the first 10-15 minutes and realized that the melancholy country music I had on wasn't helping matters. So I switched it up and I'm happy to report I got her all moved in, groceries bought, lunch and drive home without ONE TEAR!! Yeah, for me. I was tired and had to stop for caffeine and sweets.
I am going to avoid going into her room if at all possible and I'm working on the list of things she still needs that I'll be sending down this weekend with her roommates parents. I hope she will blog. I have pictures of her apartment and the whole day. I'll post later.
Again, thank you for your comments and JAD in P. I will answer your question too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails