The big day has arrived!
Here is Austin checking Kambree's oil before heading off to school.
Austin, Devree and Jazmine said goodbye to Kambree and they were off. Not before the token first day of school picture.
Then it was the little kids turn.
When mom's car looks like this in the back.....
Riding to school squished in the front seat looks like this:
The token flag pole picture up at the school:
Looks like Alex isn't quite as exited as Rylee doesn't it?
And at their desks:
Now it's just Kambree and me.
I made her stand out front too. (She wasn't excited because she had packed ALL her clothes and didn't have anything exciting to wear for the trip down!)
But she's beautiful anyway.
Saying goodbye to Ella
Following her down the street.
Yes, tears were shed.
We cried together and then I cried following her down the freeway. I realized the sad country music I had on didn't help matters so I switched it up and I'm happy to report I didn't cry the rest of the day!
I did get a lovely rock chip in my windshield and now have a big crack. Oh well. As James pointed out-worse things could happen. A flat tire would have been worse for me but then I think I've been pretty clear on my knowledge of cars and their mechanics so I will not elaborate any more.
We found the apartment, the manager and the key and got her all moved in. Which was much more work than getting her moved out as we had Austin's muscles and the other kids help before.
We unpacked and made a run to Wal-mart for some storage containers and food. I tried my best to organize her stuff in the limited space available.
The apartments are BIG but lacking in storage space.
Here is the living room.
(This is one of her roommates TV, Wii and speaker system. The Luv Sacs are included with the apartment.)
This is her bedroom.
Grandma and Debbie made her the quilt and pillow sham. We need to add something to the walls. And I'm working on getting her a desk. All they have is drawers under the bed and a 1/2 of closet. The nightstand and little drawer thing we brought.
Here's my girl making sure she can get on the internet before I go! Thanks Uncle Jeff for the temporary use of your cute little computer.
Kam's roommates parents are going down this weekend so I'm got a project. I bought a desk and chair on KSL. They're ugly and I'm attempting to paint them and my mom has recovered the seat cushion. I'll post before and afters.

5 of my blog friends said something...:
See you did it! Good job~
Good job handling all that on you own with me not there! And the only wear was a cracked windshield. Not too shabby!
Ummmm so *I* want to cry! Sob! I dont think I will ever be ok with that day!
Have I mentioned I love Rylee's glasses?! So cute!
Glad you got her there safe and sound! I still can't believe she is old enough to be in college!!!!!! Yikes!! LOVE all of the pictures!
Way to go Kambree! and Way to go Wendy and James for being the parents you are and all you do.
Post a Comment