Thursday, October 7, 2010

Alex Neutron!

After school today Alex told me he was going to make an invention to make life easier. 
A remote control garbage can.
"You can say,  "Come here John." and the garage can will come to you."
(A garbage can named John?)
I told him that would be wonderful.
Later that day I was discarding a small, sturdy apple box and asked him if he wanted it. (He has so many small things-junk in my opinion-invention resources [last weeks vocabulary word] in Alex's opinion.) "Sure Mom. I can find use for this."
About a 1/2 hour later down came Alex with his remote control garbage can!

And just in case you want a demonstration:


5 of my blog friends said something...:

Stacy said...

I love how creative he is. This is a rare characteristic and one that he needs to hold on to

Wendy said...

I couldn't agree more. I'm trying to talk him into this after school invention program just announced. I think he'd rock!
I really need to get a better video camera-my sound is so bad. I sound so disgruntled and Alex sounds so far away. I really wasn't mocking him-like it sounds on the video! I promise.

Carlin said...

So very clever! I love the idea and Alex's English sounds great. You can totally understand everything he says. I can't believe how much the kids have grown up in just over a year. He seems so confident and I love his smile!

Corbie said...

Wendy is so dang precious I could just steal him! His English is outstanding and I love his resourcefulness. Oh and you don't sound disgruntled - you sound like the awesome Mom that you are.

Wendy said...

Thanks! He is now trying to figure out how to make a mother board. I think I need to get him his own lab/workroom!

Related Posts with Thumbnails