Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Picture Catch Up

Thursday night, Devree's choir concert:

She had  a solo/duet at the last minute. Seriously, like 20 minutes before the performance the girl that was scheduled to sing was to frightened to sing without someone so Devree pitched in. She didn't know the song well but in all honesty, she did better than the original girl. The other girl kept laughing and hiding behind her hand. Devree -  although not her strongest performance - was very professional and given the circumstance, did a good job!

Friday morning while collecting a quilt my aunt donated to the SAC silent auction, my mom needed me to cover for her watching my nephew Zach. So I took him home to play with James. I thought this picture was hilarious!
Yes sir. That's my baby!
Friday night we had a small window of time to go out celebrate our 20th anniversary! It's not until November 2nd but this is the only night that we could go. That's a little pathetic, isn't it?
We went to a lovely place called Epic and this was the flat bread.
So yummy!
And bought blue balloons to take to the airport that night.
Went to the airport. 
The orphans landed around eleven and we left around midnight.
The next day it was a race to the DI and Walmart to come up with a costume for Austin. He decided on Friday that Saturday he needed a Lugi costume. But before I show you the pictures of the costume, let me introduce the mega-phone that I was asked to rent to help the photographers during the chaos of taking pictures after the orphans landed.
And that would be Austin yelling at people in the rain as I returned the mega phone on they way to the DI. He was like a little kid! Apparently it is every boys dream to have a mega-phone? I was so glad the place we rented from was a few blocks away AND that it was raining and there weren't many people out on the street. He managed to find a young lady coming out of the restaurant and he asked her via his booming mega-phone voice "Did you have a nice meal?" Good grief! I am so glad we don't OWN a mega-phone.

So after a $6 trip to the DI where we bought a green t-shirt and women's Capri overalls, (the only overall type pant we could find) a trip to Walmart for a $2 hat, and a $1.99 mustache from the costume store, here is Luigi:
He ran down to my mom's and she embroidered a L on the hat on her embroidery machine. He was ready to go with five minutes to spare before the start of his shift. Good grief! Nothing like the last minute.
Here's a picture I stole off of Facebook of Austin and his co-workers. Apparently, he had lost the itchy mustache by this time!
Austin went to work, I went to (and was co-in-charge of) the orphan swimming activity and everyone else went to a family wedding two hours away.
Even Kambree made it to the wedding. I stole these pictures off of FB too. (Thanks Heidi!)
Here's my girls at the reception with their cousin Sara, Devree is almost not in this picture.
That night we went back to the airport for the last orphan that didn't get on the plane the night before. (Ticketing issues) Poor little guy. I knew I could post this picture because it's just the back of every one's head, and no orphans are visible!

Since then I've partied with the orphans at an ice cream social, a trip to the museum and tomorrow we're going bowling. Cute, cute kids and fabulous host families. I would take pictures but I can't post them and since you all know I'm a rule breaker, I've just decided to not take pictures to avoid getting in trouble.
Is that a sign of maturity? 
Or a sign of just getting old & lame and following the rules?
My kids would agree with the latter.....

4 of my blog friends said something...:

Stacy said...

Happy 20th Anniversary! That is awesome! Congrats and heres to 20 more.

Heidi gail walls said...

Happy 20th Anniversary on Tuesday! speaking of anniversary's and wedding's. So were sitting at the reception and somehow the subject matter got brought up. I think it was that we all thought the server's were doing such a awesome job. Anyhow so i told the story about when you and James got married and i was a gift taker w/ Jared and your brother's. meanwhile i remember your wedding like it was yesterday! it was so fun- thanks for letting us be apart of your reception.

Heidi gail walls said...

glad you were able to get a couple of pictures from the wedding in this post.

Shannon said...

Yea... uhm... we have TWO mega-phones. Yes, I think it's every guys dream to have one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails