Monday, October 18, 2010

Lagoon 2010

Friday we hit Lagoon. It was UEA and the kids were out of school for four days and since we hadn't made it to Lagoon all season.....I broke down and took them!
It was a perfect day. Not too hot, not too cold and the lines were nice and short when we first go there. 
Alex and Rylee were so excited they got up and emptied the dishwasher on their own accord and helped me pack lunch. I rememeber being excited for Lagoon when I was little. I would get butterflies like it was Christmas. The drive there seemed to take forever and the entire event was just a joy!
Wish I could say the same now. 
As I was following the boys from ride to ride, I sent James a text. "You know you're old when the idea of never going to Lagoon again sounds lovely." To which he replied "You know your old when you say that every year and yet pay the ticket price again the next year!" 

Here are the kids before the first ride. 

The majority of the riders hit "Re-Entry" first:
But the others hit a ride a little more their speed. (Last year Alex "frowed up in his mouth" on a few of the high speed rides. We were trying to avoid that this year.)
So, I tagged with the three youngest boys and the other four went crazy with their thrill seeking, twisty, turning, plunging rides, while we stuck to rides like "The Scrambler":

Our first ride all together was "The Pirate Ride" I don't think that is the real name but that's what we call it.
Tyler looks frightened here-but he really wasn't.
Then we all did the big swing ride. 
Here is Devree & Kambree giving us some Super Model poses:
Then Brach broke off and went with the thrill seeking kids and Tyler, Alex and I hit kiddie land:
Here's Austin, amusing us at lunch with his big hammer. Count on Austin to make us laugh and convince us to let him hammer on our heads at least one time!
Kammy showed up with Syd and dinner around 5.
And then the spooks came out:
It was time for Devree's maiden voyage on the Sky Coaster. Yes, Rylee had gone before but not Dev. The three of them plucked down $15 per person and were hoisted hundreds of feet in the air, pulled a  cord and plunged down, down, down until they hit the bottom of the rope and then swung back and forth. Shrieking in delight!
It makes me sick just watching. 
They LOVE it!
Taking Syd on some Kiddie Rides:
Syd finally decided she was having fun:
Possing for pictures outside of Dracula's Castle

Going home..... all tuckered out.....

Some of us were more tuckered out than others:
The whole group posing for one last photo op:
The funniest part of the whole night was the Hypnotist. 
Kambree was hypnotized and she was a riot. She danced like The Village People, thought the edge of the stage was a 500 foot cliff, laid on her tummy to peer over, then when the hypnotist told her he was "floating" (by stepping on the stair off the stage) she asked if she could try and she thought she too was floating....500 feet in the air! She thought her neighbor smelled atrocious and then that SHE smelt atrocious, got really cold, really hot, danced like a puppet, saw a ghost (and cuddled in fear with a very handsome large guy that was also hypnotized), thought she was handed $1000 (and turned away to tuck it securely in her bra), and here she is thinking she is a famous butt drummer: 
I think she was the star of the show - if you ask me - but I didn't watch anyone else.
Not the best video-but given I was shooting it between my knees with Syd sitting on my lap-I think I did pretty good! (Yeah, I'm rebellious-video recordings are not allowed. Shhhh!)

2 of my blog friends said something...:

Heidi gail walls said...

Love the video and that you all had a awesome time. I Just wanted to tell you that the actual name of "the pirate ride" Does it go and "swing" from side to side (kind of) if it is the one i am thinking of the actual name is tidal wave. I have to tell you about my very first time on that ride. It was my 9th grade Lagoon day and my friends were wanting me to come on it with them. And i thought i was brave so i went well one of my other friends was smarter than i. And didn't go on that ride and so she watched us all and see saw the time i was having on that ride and saw i was white in the face and totally scared. Well a few years later in 1999 i tried it again and was not really scared at all don't know why but, i loved it.

Amy Rast said...

We were at Lagoon on Friday too. Funny we didn't run into each other. Bummer, that would have been much more fun for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails