Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Perhaps I should rename this blog....

...."Alex's Invention Emporium" or something?


His quest to figure out how to make a "mother board" is still underway. The scary part is that when things go missing - like today with my camera cord - my first thought is, "Does Alex have it? Has he made it into something or cut it up and used it in one of his creations?" After searching through his THREE drawers of "resources" I found the cord on the other computer Whew!

Lately Alex has been very, very huggy. (I recognize the huggy is not a word but it's the only way to explain it!)  He will say "I just need to hug you." and then he does. He'll rub his face against mine, kiss my cheek, and hold me and sigh. For minutes at a time. I will ask him why and he'll say "Cause I just love you" or "I don't know". 
We had a little break through, on Sunday he was upset because he didn't know who he was suppose to deliver fast offerings with (the young man that has taken him under his wing and usually goes with him was out of town) and he was overwhelmed as he didn't know where he was going or what to do. As he's trying to explain to me in the hallway at church I could see his eyes fill with tears. I assured him we'd figure it out. I got Austin to go with him after he delivered the sacrament to the home bound people in our ward. (It only cost me a pan of Auggy Brownies-which are brownies with a layer of marshmallows, a layer of homemade mint frost and a layer of homemade chocolate frosting.) That night during Alex's need for marathon hugs moment and my asking why he needed to hug for so long, he told me it was because he felt bad about fast offerings. He's trying hard to put words with his feelings. He's trying to express himself. That's good. I think we're making progress. (Now if we can just keep those words nice, unlike yesterdays words!)

0 of my blog friends said something...:

Related Posts with Thumbnails