Sunday night. Kids watching TV. Dishwasher running. And I'm doing my favorite thing, reading through blogs of my friends and family.
Tomorrow I'm heading to the appostille office to re-do one document that I'll be sending overnight to Ukraine on Thursday or Friday along with two other families. I have everything else ready to go. (Three other notarized document's - due to type errors and crossed out notary issues!)
A friend of mine who is also adopting told me her husband views our submission date like getting a wrist band to buy a concert ticket. We've got the neon bracelet that looks exciting and important yet no ticket to get in the door! He's right you know? Until we get approval, we really are just wandering around looking at our paper bracelet or in our case, the highlighted date on the calendar.
Saturday our Stake collected underwear and socks for Jen and I to take to the orphanage. Oh my. I hope we can get it all there. It's amazing how generous people are and how with everyone just bringing a few items pretty soon you have A LOT of items! I'm going to try and bargain with the airlines for an extra bag in the name of humanity aid. Think they'll go for it?
I write to Alex every week. Sometimes more than once and I mail out every Monday but I'm calling him on Tuesday and I'm sure I'll just be repeating anything I would write so I think I'll just call. Besides he owes me....I think I've written him about 12 times to his two!
Crazy busy week ahead of me. With girls in two different plays, kids with two different basketball practices, three dance classes, carpools, Ry's B-day party, basketball games, house showings, listing appointments, appostille drop off, and continuing ed class. Sounds fun doesn't it?
In an effort to improve myself, try new things and do something I've always wanted to do, I'm starting taking a guitar class. After 5 years, it's about time. In my fantasy world, I'll strum the guitar as my children quietly prepare to go to bed and they'll doze off to the sweet sounds of humming and strumming and grow up with tender memories of their mother. I know, you're laughing, and saying "Right!" but I can always have hope can't I? James bought me a guitar years ago when I then fantasied about strumming around the campfire with my young women. I tried to teach myself which was a joke. My problem is my fingers aren't tough so it hurts, and I love to sing so I stop trying to find the notes (besides my fingers are bleeding) and just sit there and sing and hold the guitar as a prop. I'm going with a friend in my ward to be taught by a lady in our Stake who we're paying with brownies and Diet Coke! Now if I could find a voice teacher that would work for that! (Kambree and I aspire to be great vocalist-or at the least-get great parts in our community theater summer productions!)
Adoption Paper Work Info:
If you haven't been to the appostille office yet be sure to get one copy of your passport notarized and apppstilled in addition to your two notarized passports. Do not send the appostilled passport with the dossier. Keep them as you will need them for traveling!
Tomorrow I'm heading to the appostille office to re-do one document that I'll be sending overnight to Ukraine on Thursday or Friday along with two other families. I have everything else ready to go. (Three other notarized document's - due to type errors and crossed out notary issues!)
A friend of mine who is also adopting told me her husband views our submission date like getting a wrist band to buy a concert ticket. We've got the neon bracelet that looks exciting and important yet no ticket to get in the door! He's right you know? Until we get approval, we really are just wandering around looking at our paper bracelet or in our case, the highlighted date on the calendar.
Saturday our Stake collected underwear and socks for Jen and I to take to the orphanage. Oh my. I hope we can get it all there. It's amazing how generous people are and how with everyone just bringing a few items pretty soon you have A LOT of items! I'm going to try and bargain with the airlines for an extra bag in the name of humanity aid. Think they'll go for it?
I write to Alex every week. Sometimes more than once and I mail out every Monday but I'm calling him on Tuesday and I'm sure I'll just be repeating anything I would write so I think I'll just call. Besides he owes me....I think I've written him about 12 times to his two!
Crazy busy week ahead of me. With girls in two different plays, kids with two different basketball practices, three dance classes, carpools, Ry's B-day party, basketball games, house showings, listing appointments, appostille drop off, and continuing ed class. Sounds fun doesn't it?
In an effort to improve myself, try new things and do something I've always wanted to do, I'm starting taking a guitar class. After 5 years, it's about time. In my fantasy world, I'll strum the guitar as my children quietly prepare to go to bed and they'll doze off to the sweet sounds of humming and strumming and grow up with tender memories of their mother. I know, you're laughing, and saying "Right!" but I can always have hope can't I? James bought me a guitar years ago when I then fantasied about strumming around the campfire with my young women. I tried to teach myself which was a joke. My problem is my fingers aren't tough so it hurts, and I love to sing so I stop trying to find the notes (besides my fingers are bleeding) and just sit there and sing and hold the guitar as a prop. I'm going with a friend in my ward to be taught by a lady in our Stake who we're paying with brownies and Diet Coke! Now if I could find a voice teacher that would work for that! (Kambree and I aspire to be great vocalist-or at the least-get great parts in our community theater summer productions!)
Adoption Paper Work Info:
If you haven't been to the appostille office yet be sure to get one copy of your passport notarized and apppstilled in addition to your two notarized passports. Do not send the appostilled passport with the dossier. Keep them as you will need them for traveling!

4 of my blog friends said something...:
Yay - a fellow rookie guitarist. We should start a band :)
Wait - my word verification is 'lamism' - you don't think that means we're lame, do you?
Well good luck! You all are in our prayers.
We love you!
are you taking from Jolie? Who are you dueting with? i can't wait to make y'all go to camp again.
Corb: I will so start a band with you
Heidi: Thanks.
Amy: I'm taking from Deb Orton with Rebecca Selph. (We lined this up an New Beginnings last week!) Tonight is our first night! Wish me luck and tough fingers!
Post a Comment