February 11th 2009!!
Now, let me tell you about the MAJOR miracle(s) that got us to this point. (This is a testament that Heavenly Father knows so much better and more than I do and He must have a hand in all of this!)
First off, James had his schedule changed and was only home for a week. He went to work yesterday and apparently there was a mix up and they weren't expecting him. They told him to stay and they'd figure it out in the morning. We were pretty sad about the new schedule change because it had him gone for all the major holidays; Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas. However, we're grateful he's still employed with the economy how it is and we just figured we'd roll with it.
This morning he called and said they want him to stay a week and come home for a week (Normally he's gone for two weeks.) and then be back in a week to start his regular two week shift which is now different from the original change they gave him. NOW he'll be home for ALL the major holidays and most the minor ones!
But that's not the miracle part - although a huge blessing! The miracle part is this:
We have to re-do a couple documents (two typo's and an updated employment letter from my accountant based on my 2008 tax returns-which is a mini-miracle because I'm scheduled to do my taxes tomorrow!) overnight them to Ukraine, have them translated and ready before February 11th. Because James is coming home in a week, we'll be able to get to the notary and get our papers off around the 29th or 30th. If he had kept his original shift, its possible we could have made it but it would have been very scary & tight!
Next part of this miracle:
We should travel in roughly mid-May. Which if it all falls into place (and it will, I have no doubt) James is off for two weeks right in the middle of May! (Can you see how this is playing out?)
I have to confess, I was quite disheartened when Jen got her submission date and I didn't. And now I can connect the dots and look back. If I had her submission date, there's NO WAY I could have gotten the documents to Ukraine on time and if we travel too early in May, it will be a major headache with James work. When am I going to learn to breath, relax and trust in the Lord?
So, that's the scoop! We're on our way!
Now, let me tell you about the MAJOR miracle(s) that got us to this point. (This is a testament that Heavenly Father knows so much better and more than I do and He must have a hand in all of this!)
First off, James had his schedule changed and was only home for a week. He went to work yesterday and apparently there was a mix up and they weren't expecting him. They told him to stay and they'd figure it out in the morning. We were pretty sad about the new schedule change because it had him gone for all the major holidays; Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas. However, we're grateful he's still employed with the economy how it is and we just figured we'd roll with it.
This morning he called and said they want him to stay a week and come home for a week (Normally he's gone for two weeks.) and then be back in a week to start his regular two week shift which is now different from the original change they gave him. NOW he'll be home for ALL the major holidays and most the minor ones!
But that's not the miracle part - although a huge blessing! The miracle part is this:
We have to re-do a couple documents (two typo's and an updated employment letter from my accountant based on my 2008 tax returns-which is a mini-miracle because I'm scheduled to do my taxes tomorrow!) overnight them to Ukraine, have them translated and ready before February 11th. Because James is coming home in a week, we'll be able to get to the notary and get our papers off around the 29th or 30th. If he had kept his original shift, its possible we could have made it but it would have been very scary & tight!
Next part of this miracle:
We should travel in roughly mid-May. Which if it all falls into place (and it will, I have no doubt) James is off for two weeks right in the middle of May! (Can you see how this is playing out?)
I have to confess, I was quite disheartened when Jen got her submission date and I didn't. And now I can connect the dots and look back. If I had her submission date, there's NO WAY I could have gotten the documents to Ukraine on time and if we travel too early in May, it will be a major headache with James work. When am I going to learn to breath, relax and trust in the Lord?
So, that's the scoop! We're on our way!

8 of my blog friends said something...:
That's wonderful! Congrats to your family on this big step. Every little miracle gets you a little closer.
You said it best! BREATHE, RELAX, but most importantly TRUST! I am so excited for you. I know it will all work out the way it is supposed to! May will be here before you know it! And at least you'll be around the beginning of March! ;)
I'm so glad it has worked out so well for you. I felt really bad when I got my date and all the others hadn't yet. I'm glad that there is a reason for all things and that we have opportunities like this to learn from the spirit and just trust. I'm happy it has worked well for you!
I'm so glad you have time to get your documents done and sent over there! I'm really hoping we don't have to fix anything...
Hindsight is always 20/20. It is awesome to see miracles working in your life. So exciting...
congrats! Tender Mercies always along the way.
How wonderful i know ... Just know everything will fall in place and work out! please continue to keep us posted.
Holey Moley Gosh (that's how Maren shows her excitement)!!! Congrats
Post a Comment