Now that my paper work is in, how do I feel like I'm moving forward? We all know that I have no control and....I like control.
So in order to feel like I'm making progress, my next project is our bedroom situation! (I say "my project" but truly it's a project for James!) We plan on finishing a bedroom downstairs for Austin and giving Alex his old room. So when James gets home he has such fun in store for him! I can't buy a bed or dresser or do anything until the room is built and we move Austin. Luckily for me, my hubby is incredible talented in this area and we already have all the materials (except carpet) and anticipated doing this, its just a matter of focusing and getting it done!
I actually need TWO beds as Rylee only has a twin and has already voiced her complaint about why does she have the smallest bed? So I need two double or bigger beds and a dresser.
Alex's-soon to be-new room has a chair rail and I think I'll take my 2 extra gallons of green kitchen paint back and have them make it darker and paint the bottom of his room a dark green? Not sure, James hates painting with dark colors and since he is the much better painter, I'll probably have to concede to his idea of paint color.
On another note. Out Stake announced their service project. They're asking the women to bring new underwear, undershirts, and socks for the orphans to the Woman's Conference on the 24th of this month. They're hoping to collect two large duffel bags to send with Jen and I when we go pick up our children. How lucky are we to have such a supportive Stake?
Alex went back to the orphanage today. It was nice to know he was with his half brother, Ivan & Snezhana. It was great to be able to hear from him and see pictures and know he was out of the orphanage. Now I'm back to waiting for him to write letters.
Apparently the 1st package I sent was a hit but most of the toys were stolen by other children. I hope my second package doesn't cause him more problems. I don't think the children will steal the English books but the cars and magic tricks might be hard to hold on too.
I think I'll hold off on packages and just hope I get over there soon and bring him home.
So in order to feel like I'm making progress, my next project is our bedroom situation! (I say "my project" but truly it's a project for James!) We plan on finishing a bedroom downstairs for Austin and giving Alex his old room. So when James gets home he has such fun in store for him! I can't buy a bed or dresser or do anything until the room is built and we move Austin. Luckily for me, my hubby is incredible talented in this area and we already have all the materials (except carpet) and anticipated doing this, its just a matter of focusing and getting it done!
I actually need TWO beds as Rylee only has a twin and has already voiced her complaint about why does she have the smallest bed? So I need two double or bigger beds and a dresser.
Alex's-soon to be-new room has a chair rail and I think I'll take my 2 extra gallons of green kitchen paint back and have them make it darker and paint the bottom of his room a dark green? Not sure, James hates painting with dark colors and since he is the much better painter, I'll probably have to concede to his idea of paint color.
On another note. Out Stake announced their service project. They're asking the women to bring new underwear, undershirts, and socks for the orphans to the Woman's Conference on the 24th of this month. They're hoping to collect two large duffel bags to send with Jen and I when we go pick up our children. How lucky are we to have such a supportive Stake?
Alex went back to the orphanage today. It was nice to know he was with his half brother, Ivan & Snezhana. It was great to be able to hear from him and see pictures and know he was out of the orphanage. Now I'm back to waiting for him to write letters.
Apparently the 1st package I sent was a hit but most of the toys were stolen by other children. I hope my second package doesn't cause him more problems. I don't think the children will steal the English books but the cars and magic tricks might be hard to hold on too.
I think I'll hold off on packages and just hope I get over there soon and bring him home.

1 of my blog friends said something...:
I thought they told you guys not to spoil him too much! His own brand new room sounds pretty dang neat...:)
Post a Comment