and we're just waiting to leave!
I've probably over packed. I tried to heed Carlin's advice but I just kept thinking of more things to bring. I'm not sure I want to see our facilitators face when we're picked up at the airport tomorrow. We have four bags just barely under 50 pounds each, 2 carry on's, a backpack and a very large "purse". Not to mention our coats!
I opted for comfy but still went with the "Mama Venda" black theme. Black knit flair-y Capri's, (I call them my "pirate pants") white shade shirt and a black and white checked comfy sweater. Of course to complete my ensemble I'll be wearing my black high heeled boots (as they're too big to pack) and they disguise my money sock. (I'm wearing it on the inside of my leg rather than the out as it looked like I had some sort of tumor or growth!) James is dressed comfy too and wearing the money belt as it makes me look fat. (Yes, I know I'm vain - I've come to terms with that!)
James also purged some of my packing and insisted I didn't need a entire bottle of hydrogen peroxide. Hey, you never know! He just might be sorry. I did talk him into the extra family sized tube of toothpaste. I mean, we will be there for a month!
Saying goodbye to our Rylee was rough. She is so tenderhearted. I reminded her that I have her picture in a locket around my neck and where ever I am, she'll be right by my heart. I told Lex the same thing when he left and true to my word, I've worn this locket everyday. (Except in the shower and at the gym!)
So, the weather is looking bleak....I see snow flakes right about the time we arrive in our region. James asked if I packed sunscreen and I laughed!
Today however, here is beautiful and I'm getting quite warm in my comfy sweater.
Thanks everyone for dropping by with hugs, phone calls, comments, emails and texts.
We're on our way!!
Happy St Patty's Day & Happy Anniversary to my sweet sis Kammy and her hubby Bill!
Brach: Just in case I don't have Internet service tomorrow HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Kam, Aug, Dev & Ry: We love you guys!
I've probably over packed. I tried to heed Carlin's advice but I just kept thinking of more things to bring. I'm not sure I want to see our facilitators face when we're picked up at the airport tomorrow. We have four bags just barely under 50 pounds each, 2 carry on's, a backpack and a very large "purse". Not to mention our coats!
I opted for comfy but still went with the "Mama Venda" black theme. Black knit flair-y Capri's, (I call them my "pirate pants") white shade shirt and a black and white checked comfy sweater. Of course to complete my ensemble I'll be wearing my black high heeled boots (as they're too big to pack) and they disguise my money sock. (I'm wearing it on the inside of my leg rather than the out as it looked like I had some sort of tumor or growth!) James is dressed comfy too and wearing the money belt as it makes me look fat. (Yes, I know I'm vain - I've come to terms with that!)
James also purged some of my packing and insisted I didn't need a entire bottle of hydrogen peroxide. Hey, you never know! He just might be sorry. I did talk him into the extra family sized tube of toothpaste. I mean, we will be there for a month!
Saying goodbye to our Rylee was rough. She is so tenderhearted. I reminded her that I have her picture in a locket around my neck and where ever I am, she'll be right by my heart. I told Lex the same thing when he left and true to my word, I've worn this locket everyday. (Except in the shower and at the gym!)
So, the weather is looking bleak....I see snow flakes right about the time we arrive in our region. James asked if I packed sunscreen and I laughed!
Today however, here is beautiful and I'm getting quite warm in my comfy sweater.
Thanks everyone for dropping by with hugs, phone calls, comments, emails and texts.
We're on our way!!
Happy St Patty's Day & Happy Anniversary to my sweet sis Kammy and her hubby Bill!
Brach: Just in case I don't have Internet service tomorrow HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Kam, Aug, Dev & Ry: We love you guys!

8 of my blog friends said something...:
Good luck and hope you had a comfy flight!
Just wanted to drop in and say "good Luck!" My family is praying for your safe flight, return home and a happy adoption! Tell Alex "hi" for me when you see him! Love you guys!
Right now, you are on an airplane somewhere over the midwest. I'm so jealous of you and James! :-D
Take lots of pics of the kids! Good luck!
I'm so excited for you! Good luck with everything!
Much luck to you, James and Alex! again have a good trip and be happy and safe. We love you! have a safe flight! we are praying for you.
The part about saying good-bye to Rylee made me cry. I am dreading that with Quinn. He is so tender hearted! I've thought about you ever since you left. Where are they now? What are they doing now?
Wendy and James-
I am thinking about you and alex! i hope you are doing well. Remember you are in our thoughts and prayers and we are thinking about you and we love you and give alex our love as well. We love you!
I laughed at the sun block comment... we brought our sun glasses and have yet to wear them, we've seen the sun twice since our arrival two weeks ago. Hopefully we'll run into you tomorrow at the SDA.
Post a Comment