Yesterday, I got a handmade card from Alex. This is the front:

The back side (according to the translator) says:
Mommy, Kambree, Devree, Rylee!
I congratulate you with the 8th of March! [Happy Women’s Day!]
I wish you health, happiness, and the fulfillment of all your desires!
Kisses, Alex
Then he sent a little hand written note that when translated said:
Hi, my dear Dad, Mom, Kambree, Astin, Devree, Rylee!
Always I am joyous by the means of your letters.
Everything is good for me.
I’m studying hard, I play football with my friends on the weekends, occasionally visit the theater, and on holidays, receive presents.
I always reminisce/think about you, waiting for our meeting.
I kiss and hug you all.
Your Alex.
Until we meet…
The timing couldn't have been better as yesterday I received sad and scary news about another family in our group, in Ukraine that had a devastating experience. Apparently the director of their orphanage is very opposed to adopting children to families outside Ukraine and he scared their children and convinced them into saying they did not want to be adopted. And there is nothing the parents can do, they cannot adopt the children if the children will not agree to be adopted. (No, this is not our director or even in our region!) I won't go into much detail but I felt so awful for them as well as for a few more families who love and plan to adopt from the same orphanage. My heart just hurts for the parents and these terrified children who are being told who knows what....
I've also read some concerning news about the political situation in the Ukraine. I won't go into much detail on that either as I'm not exactly sure I understand all that is going on but it sounds like many Ukrainians are dissatisfied with the current government and are demanding change.
I've also read some concerning news about the political situation in the Ukraine. I won't go into much detail on that either as I'm not exactly sure I understand all that is going on but it sounds like many Ukrainians are dissatisfied with the current government and are demanding change.
Note to Alex: Thanks Alex for your sweet letter, Mama really needed it yesterday! We're coming sweetheart, hang in there!

1 of my blog friends said something...:
I Know Alex wants to be adopted! hang in there! we all are praying for you and love you. Alex loves you as well.
Post a Comment