Thursday, March 26, 2009

A day in Ukraine...

We’re waiting for our driver to pick us up to take us to the school and thought I'd post a few thoughts.
Apparently the driver is driving Straders to the swimming pool. We were invited but honestly, when packing, I thought a suit would be the last thing we would need so I didn’t pack either of us one. So, people coming later…bring a swimming suit!
The other things we wish we would have brought:
An AMERICAN football for the kids. They know how to play but don’t have a football.
(Anyone coming have room in their luggage?)
Rain resistant coats with hoods & water proof shoes
And if you bring a leather jacket James suggest a water treatment on it.
Tin foil, quart size Ziploc's and plastic wrap-I did bring gallon size Ziploc's and they have come in handy. I’m glad I brought my ice cube tray so I can make ice and have COLD water!
We’ve been looking all over our little apartment for a broom. We finally discovered two on the balcony. These are actual brooms, not décor or collectibles. We’ve yet to see anything more in the way of brooms then actually twigs tied to sticks. I even looked for one in the store, nope, no brooms. Why buy a broom when you can make one right?

James suggest bringing a exercise elastic as he’s been having a hard time getting his work outs in. This is him pumping the bar stool for his morning work out.


I on the other hand have given up. Kiev was great because we could walk a lot but here it’s so muddy and the drivers drive so crazy. (We were driving 90 kilometers in a residential area the other day. That roughly translates into 55 miles per hour. No seat belt, just holding on to the “oh crap” handle in the back seat!) And there are not many sidewalks in residential area’s and the city is so packed (and when we went so wet!) that walking briskly was impossible. I’ve not seen a jogger and in Kiev we saw ONE bicyclist.

The milk, and yogurt are so rich and creamy and I can’t determine the fat grams so I happily consume them with no guilt whatsoever! So between the dairy, chocolates, apple dumplings and lack of cardio-I seriously doubt I’ll come back weighing any less in fact, I’ll probably weigh more! (However, the scales are in kilograms and the number looks anorexic when I weigh myself! Teeheehee!)

Well, time to pack up. George is on his way to pick us up.

OH! News from the home front! Kambree got asked to Prom!! I'm sad I won't be there but thrilled for her! Please take lots of pictures and send them to me!








3 of my blog friends said something...:

Lori said...

I love reading your blog. Did you find me a little boy yet? Hee hee!

snakeriverwalton said...

I'm supposed to be doing laundry but instead have been reading your blog for about an hour! Can't wait to hear more stories.

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Way to go Kambree! I am glad all is going well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails