Monday, May 3, 2010

Conversations with Alex

A few days ago:
Alex: Devwee, I saw your chiny (sounds like shiny but with a ch sound) friend.
Dev: My chiny friend?
Alex: Yeah, your chiny friend. (Then he takes his hands and pull's his eyes back imitating an Asian's eyes.)
Dev: Oh, you mean my CHINESE friend.
Alex: Yes. He ask if yous my sister.
Dev: What did he look like?
Alex: (Thinking deeply then replying) He have black hair.
(Everyone starts laughing.)
Dev: ALL Chinese people have black hair!

Last week:
Me: Alex what did you learn about in Primary today?
Alex: I learn about Abraham. Abraham have 12 sons. One named Benjamin. Benjamin Franklin.
Oh my.
Alex is enamored with Benjamin Franklin. I think because his middle name is Benjamin? He talks about BF all the time. I just figured they'd been learning about him in school? Nope. He just like's BF and apparently he's under the impression he heads up one of the twelve tribes of Israel!

I need to give Alex some credit.
He has been trying so hard lately to be good. He's been attacking his homework, he cleaned out his drawers and closet to perfection (well, I told him to after finding everything in the wrong place and clean clothes thrown in the dirty clothes hamper-but he really went the extra mile on straightening his clothes) he's been putting himself to bed on time, he fasted on Sunday on his own and refused to eat until we had prayer over lunch, even though he was so,so,so,so hungry according to his journal entry, he confessed the first time I asked that he used the calculator to do his math problems, and he's been trying to listen and communicate better. (Even though he administered his own antibiotic the other night with a random spoon and didn't listen to the "bring me the medicine and the syringe" part of the sentence. We had a big talk on taking medicine and how important it is to take the proper amount and about over dosing.) Anyway, I always write about his misbehavior's, I need to be sure to document his good behaviors too!
AND
Yesterday I asked him if he could find me a tool to fix my broken necklace. (He knows where everything is in the garage better than me.) I left it on the kitchen counter and ran upstairs for something else. Before I came back down he had not only found the tool but fixed my necklace! Thanks Alex!
That's my boy. The fixer!


1 of my blog friends said something...:

Corbie said...

I've said it once but I'll say it again - I am a blogging loser!!! I just logged into Google Reader for the first time in who knows how long and there are 16 posts of yours that I've missed! I love that you have a 'fixer'...can I borrow him now and then? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails