I've been working on the boys summer clothes and Alex had on new brown shorts and a shirt this morning and ugly BLACK basketball shoes. I asked him to put on his brown shoes.
"Ones with holes?"
Sure enough, his brown shoes had holes in them.
So, I went to the shoe store during my quiet evening at home alone tonight and wouldn't you know it, they had Heeley's on sale for an amazing price, just Alex's size.
I debate about saving them for his birthday but then worried his feet might grow out of them by then.
I picked them up as well as a regular pair of skater shoes (and shoes for Rylee too).
When I got home I wrote a quick note telling him how proud I was of him doing his homework so well and with a happy heart. I also told him that I know it's hard to think about doing homework each day during the summer but maybe these shoes will make his summer more fun?
I had everything up on his bed.
He came home from the carnival and he showed me all his "crappy toys" his words-not mine, told me about cheering for one of the cute girls he likes while she was doing the cake walk, told me about all the junky food he ate and that he rode home with Brach on his bike. He had a great time.
I told him I had a surprise up on his bed. I asked him what is something he really needs.
"A cell phone?" He replies.
"No you WANT a cell phone, what do you NEED?
"Shoes?"
"Right."
He was not enthused (and I was so excited for him to see them!). I offered to make him a sandwich and he ate it and some strawberries then decided it was time to go take his bath. (Eight o'clock is Alex's bath time with quiet time until nine.) He finally goes upstairs and soon I hear a sound like a trampling elephant racing down the stairs and straight into my arms.
"THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!"
We went and made sure they fit before I let him remove the tags-a habit he has yet to develop-and then I let him go try them out for about 15 minutes.
This is his red, hot, happy face after about twenty minutes. (Yes, he had about 5 minutes of just one more time!) In his new shirt and shorts with purple snow cone drips down the front. Yep, he's still pretty cute.
Here is video after the first five minutes of practice. He's getting it, slowly but surely. I'm sure he'll have it mastered by the week's end. Along with some scabby knee's and elbows.
And here he is after twenty minutes. He's improved already! But I wasn't kidding about the scabby knees and elbows!

2 of my blog friends said something...:
I see kids with those on all the time, I never stopped to think they required learning, but watching them in action, wow, it must be weird to roll in the middle of a running stride... I cant believe how long he ran! Keep up the good work, Alex!
Cute video's~~!!
Post a Comment