I made it through our hairy day yesterday!
Here's a few pictures in addition to the video's in the post below.
While waiting for Spartan Spec to start we were sitting on the bleachers and my Dad came and sat behind me. He teasingly told me I better behave or he'll hit me. Alex turned to him and wrapped both arms around me and defensively told him "You no hit my mom!" He did not find my Dad's joking humorous in the least. Then he whispered to me. "Grandpa hit you-I punch him!" I had to explain that Grandpa was just joking he would not ever hit me. He relaxed and let go of me.
So.....any of you out there thinking of hitting me?
You better watch out-I have my own personal body guard!
Rylee and I slipped out to get to rehearsal right after Kambree performed. At dinner we had gone over very carefully how the night would go. Austin was to bring home Dev & Alex after Spartan Spec. The minute I went to leave Alex turned to me:
"Mom, what if Austin no bring me. I stay here?"
Me: Alex, Austin knows he has to bring you home. And grandma and grandpa are here. No one is going to leave you at the school. Okay?
Okay.
My mom overheard and confirmed that she has yet to lose a child and she will make sure Austin takes him home or she will take him home.
It's little moments like this that remind me of his past.
His fear of abandonment.
What I do know is he trust me. He knows I will take care of him-now we just need to work on trusting the rest of the family. That and not threatening to punch someone that teases me. (Of course, in his defense-teasing about hitting isn't very funny when you grew up being hit and watching your parents hit each other.)
This morning I came home from the gym and I was so tired-I wrote checks for school lunch as I just didn't have it in me to make cold lunches. The big kids left and I dozed off in in the family room waiting for X & Ry to get dressed for school.
It was so peaceful.
I woke up to Alex sweetly rubbing his cheek to my cheek.
We talked about how a scab is formed and when his knee will feel better. I had him remove the bandage to give the scrape some air and he keeps telling me he's getting "wind" on it.
Wind, air...sort of the same but not.
Happy Friday everyone!

0 of my blog friends said something...:
Post a Comment