James gave Alex his first guitar lesson. He was pretty excited about it but since the lesson he hasn't picked up the guitar. I think-like the piano-the fact that he has to work at it is discouraging? Not sure. I can't fault him on the guitar though, I tried to learn and my fingers hurt so bad and the fact that it's not really reading music but memorizing chords was very difficult for me. I had visions of me singing and strumming around the camp fire-after a few lessons- and it didn't happen. The truth is I can't play in the dark because I have to read the chord, find where my fingers go on the strings, strum, then take a few seconds to find the next chord. Grr....frustrating. Add to it the painful fingers and my vision of being the next Joan Baez quickly evaporated!
James on the other hand is self taught. He works at it every day and has learned quite a few songs and has lovely callouses on his fingers to prove it. I guess I'll just sing and play the tambourine and he'll have to sing and play with me!
Now if I can just get James to learn some songs I like. His first song was that terrible country song about how a man chooses fishing over his wife.
I'm going to miss her but I love to fish.....
Grr....what a terrible song!

1 of my blog friends said something...:
I'm such a sucker for an acoustic guitar. Atila the Hun could get me to come over for dinner if I were guaranteed some acoustic guitar tunes.
How fun for Alex!
Post a Comment