Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bountiful Basket

My friend Jan called me about this co-op thing she wanted to try. I-always up for adventure and attempting to save money- agreed to try it with her. On Monday,we logged into boutifulbaskets.org created our accounts and at four o'clock on the nose, ordered our $15 basket of produce. This morning we picked it up. Above is everything I got for $15
1 HUGE head of Romain Lettuce
1 bunch of spinach
1 small cantaloupe
1 small honey dew melon
1 big bunch of banana's
3 Artichokes
1 bag of radishes
3 small containers of black berries
8 Gala apples
2 cucumbers
10 Roma tomatoes and
6 kiwi's
All for $15 dollar!
Jan accidentally ordered two tortilla packages and Mexican packages so I bought one of each from her.
For $10 I got this bag of tortilla's. (The big tortilla's could wrap a basketball. They are that big!)
For $6.50 I got cilantro, jalapeno, avocado's limes, garlic, onions, tomatio's, and squash.
For another $10 I got 5 loaves of 9 grain bread! The heavy, yummy kind.
They do this every other week, I guess. I highly doubt I'll run out of tortilla's in the next two weeks-luckily they'll freeze well.
Well, I guess I better Google some Mexican food recipes so all this produce doesn't go to waste! Any ideas?


3 of my blog friends said something...:

Diana said...

I LOVE Boutiful Baskets! Looks pretty much just like what I got, except you got more blackberries and I got more artichokes...which were promptly consumed for lunch today. YUM! Oh, I didn't get the tortillas...but the bread is divine! I'm heading up right now to make some Salsa Verde to put on the taco dip I'm making for dinner. Oh, and I'm making a blackberry-chocolate-banana smoothie to go with it. Don't tell my kids, but there will be some tasty fresh spinach hiding in there as well. Seriously. YUMMY!

Incidentally, BB runs every week, not just every week. Order on Monday, pick up on Sat. LOVE IT!!!!

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

mexican... my fav. cuisine! WHat time is dinner? ;)

Corbie said...

I signed up for a co-op this year as well! That stuff looks delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails