Alex sat down next to me after passing the sacrament in church and with a perplexed look whispered,
"Mom, what is a bun dance?"
"A bun dance?"
"Yes."
I wasn't sure I was hearing him right. Did he mean barn dance? No. Pretty sure I heard bun dance. Was this something someone told him? He was sitting with a bunch of 12-14 year olds. What the heck?
"I don't know Alex. I don't think that is word or that I'm understanding you correctly?"
"Look."
And he pulled out a hymn book and flipped to a certain hymn. Sure enough in the song we were singing were the words "bun dance" except on the line above it was the letter a. Our hymn books space out the word so you can tell what part of the word to sing under what note. The word was a-bun-dance.
Abundance!
I had to suppress my giggles and explain that the word was abundance-not a bun dance. And then a quick vocabulary lesson on abundance means to have a lot of something. Like, "He has an abundance of money." or "We have an abundance of tomatoes."
I thought of the the word abundance.
I have an abundance of many things. Laundry, dishes, dinners to make, errands to run but looking at my five children sitting there at church with me-the two youngest on either side resting their heads in my lap-their hair almost identical in color-I felt abundantly blessed.
I have an abundance of many things. Laundry, dishes, dinners to make, errands to run but looking at my five children sitting there at church with me-the two youngest on either side resting their heads in my lap-their hair almost identical in color-I felt abundantly blessed.
And yes, with three girls in dance, Alex with his groovy moves and Austin with his beat boxing....we often have dancing buns too!

2 of my blog friends said something...:
Sweet post. (And funny too.)
I would have giggled, too. Cute.
Post a Comment