Saturday we went to Willard Bay for one last run on the boat.
We have quite a crew for one boat so we had a beach camp. This is a shot of the boat approaching camp to pick up the first batch of riders.
Austin & Kambree pushing us out!
The first two to try out the tube.
This was Alex's second time on a tube. Last year he went with me, we fell off an he practically crawled up my body and sat on my head wailing in despair until he got back on the boat. Needless to say he would not get in again. So, here we are a year later and he tells me at home that he thinks he'll bring his book and READ rather than tube. His siblings groaned. No way! You HAVE to tube! We gave him a pep talk that Richhart children are not wimps! He agreed he would go ONE more time. He wrote about is in his online journal if you want to get his take. They did wipe out but it was Rylee that was crying because he fell on top of her-by the time the boat had circled around he had swam over to her and had his arm around her trying to comfort her. We have come a long way since last year!
Alex then went with Brach:
And then Ry had shook it off and went with Tyler
It was time to get out the "big" guns!
Kambree and Austin
My Dad said he wasn't holding back for these two and we zoomed around the lake!
Riding back to the beach sitting on the tube in the boat!
I love this shot of my big kids just chill'en.
My Dad-The Captain!
And my token picture-proof I was there!
We were eating Bugles and Rylee had to show me this impressive talent!
Boys on a boat!
Austin
I love this picture of Brach getting splashed!
Kammy & Mom-yes my sister tubed with her broken foot!
Sara & Troy
Elianna and Jeff :
Elianna is actually from Ukraine-and quite beautiful. Alex asked later "Where did Jeff find Ukraine girl?" Good question. Where does Jeff find all his girls? She is fluent but Alex made no attempt to talk to her.
The bathing beauties!
(Devree wasn't on the boat with me so I didn't get pictures of her tubing....but she did!)
Playing out on the tube
Our beach camp-take not of Alex eating in the left hand corner.
And eating some more!
That night Alex had a terrible tummy ache. I made the mistake of telling him he can eat what he wants during our trip-that has never happened and now we all know why! He ate so much he was sick. He tried to tell me it was because he fell off the tube with Rylee first thing that morning. Nope. It was because he ate too much! If he wasn't in the water he was eating! I hope he has learned a lesson. I know I have. He's not ready for unsupervised grazing privileges.
We really had a nice time and missed James, Bill, Arron and Shondra.
Kambree was with us all weekend and we loved every minute of it. Monday she took her car in to have the battery checked and it needed a new one. She called her grandpa and he went and helped her choose a new one and get it installed. Thanks goodness for grandpas!
We had to say goodbye-again-to her tonight:
And I attempted to hold family home evening. (My new good habit for this next round of Game On Diet!) We made a cake by looking up ingredients in the scriptures. It was a little chaotic but we muddled through. Then I read a very childish story about a boy who chose to read his scriptures daily. Complete with pictures and chocolate milk. After prayer I told everyone to put their scriptures away and Alex informed me he was keeping his in his room so he could read them each night.
Wow.
And I thought no one was listening to my lesson.
Well, time for tuck-in's and my book is calling my name!
Labor day is over....time to put away my white skirts and shoes.
(Does anyone do that these days?)

8 of my blog friends said something...:
Looks like you guys had tons of fun! Love the photo of Rylee! And we still put away our white skirts and shoes away after Labor Day. Crazy, but true.
Looks like an awesome time! Every time I see a picture of you, I cant help but think how much Rylee looks just.like.you!
The lake has the most gorgeous background with those mountains. Picture perfect!
Rylee and I do look a lot alike. Not to mention we had the same hair-do that day! Teeheehee!
Fun times with beautiful people! Yes, I just told Dave that it is time to put the whites away but it seems like we just got them out. Spent too much summer in Ukraine this year :) I had the biggest compliment today. As I was scrolling through your pics, Spencer pointed a picture of you and said "is that you, Mom?" Sorry, probably not a compliment to you but I was flattered :)
Christy-Don't be silly!! Of course we look a lot alike, we're sisters from before....remember? And I am flattered too!
I was worried about wearing white shoes for the wedding, but I realized it was still before Labor Day. Oh, and Alex is not the only binge eater. My Quinn had a stomach ache and threw up the night after Marissa's wedding. He went crazy on the chocolate fountains.
Looks like fun
looks like you had alot of fun... Happy Labor Day!
Post a Comment