So I'm at the bank, depositing a check and in my new gigantic-o-vehicle I'm always struggling to reach the canister.Usually I have to get out and or lean half my body out to grab the canister but today I got nice and close and reached it without any problem.
The problem happened after I took the receipt and casually put the canister back in the suck-it-up-the-tube thing. I missed. I didn't get it in the suck-it-up-the-tube thing and it fell down under my car. I couldn't open the door-because I was so very close. I debated. Should I scoot over the middle console and crawl out the passenger door? Then what? It's probably right under my car and I can't crawl under there. I have a dress on. This is ridiculous. Luckily no one was behind me or in the other lane for that matter. I decided that the canister-being circular most likely rolled under my car. I can't see it or anything. Yes, I'm sure it's right under the middle of the car and I will just pull forward, hop out and retrieve it and put it back.
Uhh....
Nope.
That didn't happen.
I drove very slowly but soon heard a terrible crunching sound. Much to my dismay I had ran OVER the canister, smashing it into many pieces.
Oh my.
My first thought was to just drive off but that's obviously a stupid thing to do. Not to mention-they know my name and have all my pertinent contact information. Besides-it's not right to smash and dash! What am I always preaching to my children? To stand up and take responsibility for their actions. Well, it's time to walk the walk!
So I got out, picked up the pieces and pushed the call button and explained my plight.
How embarrassing.
The teller laughed and tried to make me feel better telling me her manager didn't like this pink canister anyway. I had to wait for her to walk around-giver her the pieces and see the old beat up canister she put in its place.
Oh my.
This is exactly what it looked like-before it had a date with my two ton tire.


5 of my blog friends said something...:
LOL! Darn the luck!
LOL!!! aww well didn't like that canister anyway right? okay so now that was totally lame and stupid. Nevermind. You probably get my drift right?
how did James' presentation thing go in Park City saturday?
That was a gut buster.
Love it! (And I love all your posts - I got all caught up on reading them tonight but just settled on commenting on this one :). xoxo
Post a Comment