Many of you may or may not know about my amazing brother, Jeff. This is a sneak peak of the movie he's producing.
Pretty cool....huh?
Yes. Jeff is in the movie business. He's a casting director and now a producer. He's a self made man and has worked up from the bottom in the industry. And let me tell you-this industry is hard work!
For the record, no, he doesn't get me parts-I have to audition for him just like everyone else and the fact of the matter is all the parts I've ever gotten I DID NOT get through him. That's okay. I like knowing the parts I got were on my own merit-not because of who I knew. Although based on the fact that my last couple of parts were a vampire's funky dressed mother and a woman that fell off a curb and ran her head into a post-I may be in trouble!
He did cast my kids as extras when they were little and that was fun and how we started their savings accounts.
Once Devree was a featured extra and played "Baby Steven" for a TV movie of the week. Dev has never let me forget that I made her play a baby boy. Come on, she was only six months old!
And he did get my young women extra work on a Disney film a couple of times. We were able to go to Lake Powell on a houseboat for girls camp and to a cabin in Bear Lake with the money we earned.
I have to laugh because Devree keeps getting approached in the mall by "talent modeling scouts"-she does have amazing hair-and fortunately I have been with her each time. They start off with "Do you know that High School Musical was filmed here in Utah?" Of course we know! I casually mention that my brother has cast ALL the High School Musicals and you should see these "scouts" back pedal and duck out. (These "scouts" are scam artists-preying on young girls to get them to spend thousands of dollars on bogus modeling classes-I knew that but Devree didn't believe me until Jeff told her! )
Anyway, I just had to toot my horn about my brother. I think he's awesome. And no, I can't get you a part in a movie-I can't even get myself one!!
Thursday, September 2, 2010
My Brother Jeff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 of my blog friends said something...:
VERY awesome! My BIL would love that movie! You'll have to let me know when it comes out! What a great story of success! And I did laugh out loud thinking about the look on those "scouts" faces when you shove the facts in their faces... Mwahahahahaha!
He is very talented.. Thanks for sharing.
That is AWESOME! I look forward to seeing that movie, let us know when it is released.
I wish I had known this a week ago. All the orange fencing scenes were filmed at the Criterion race that Ryan and I volunteered at last week. They had an hour between the top amateurs and the pro race that they were filming (when we were in line to meet Boobke). I love that guy from Best Two Years and would completely have thrown Boobke over to see him. This looks like a movie Ryan and I might both want to see. yay.
Post a Comment