Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Third Time Today??

Good grief!
Three entries in one day?

Alex has decided to stop writing in his blog. That's fine. It's his call. I told him he'd have to go back to his journal then but it was his decision.
He decided he's going to write and draw in his journal like Diary Of  A Wimpy Kid. That's fine too.
He misspelled like crazy-I really think the red squiggly line when he blogged helped him. Sure, he had some funky, weird words in his sentences because they were actual words but not the right word but still, he usually only had to add two or three more sentences each entry for misspelled words. (Words that he already had recorded in his dictionary)
Today's written journal entry?
EIGHT more sentences.
I tried to revive his desire to blog, pointing out that he didn't misspell as many words on the blog. "Whatever." was his answer.
(((Sigh)))
He was really feeling sorry for himself this afternoon.
He told me that he is jealous of Rylee because she doesn't have to write in a journal. Yep. I can see that. Then I had to point out that perhaps Bogdan or Sasha back at the orphanage were jealous of him? He has a family and lives in America?  We can all find people to be jealous of. I mentioned that sometimes I am jealous of other mom's that have cleaner houses, kids that don't fight or husbands that come home from work every night. We can be jealous of others and feel sorry for ourselves or just appreciate what we have and realize things could be worse. First, he had to argue with me that Sasha has a mom. She visits once a week. I asked if he would like to live in the orphanage and I visit once a week? I had him there. He had to agree that Sasha might be jealous of him living at home all the time with his mom. And I think it sunk in that things could be worse. 
Funny how one can lose perspective so quickly.

Tonight he had to write sentences with his current vocabulary words. I didn't correct them-I want his teacher to see just how hard these words are. Here are some of my favorite sentences. Keep in mind he has the definition in hand while he's writing.

Their's fjord cliff.
I absorb the spong.
I have an innovations about my invantion.
I am durable kid.
I erode that my mom is awesome.

Lucky for us he IS a durable kid.  Not so sure about that awesome mom sentence. How does he erode that I am awesome? Am  I wearing him down to thinking I'm awesome or maybe I'm wearing him down and he's discovering I'm awesome? 
Oh well. 
In Alex's word, "Whatever."
At least mom is awesome is part of the sentence!

1 of my blog friends said something...:

Amy Rast said...

Bummer about Alex's blog, I was getting such a kick out of it. I loved reading your last few posts. I appreciate you sharing your frustrations and experiences, it reminds me I am not alone in all of this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails