One of Alex's vocabulary words this week is contract. He has taken to trying to use the words in his journal - which I think is fabulous.
"My mom had to sign a contract that she would take good care of me. I think that was one of the contracts?"
You should have seen his face when I told him, "Nope, don't remember signing a contract that I had to take good care of you." (I am sure the court order says something about us providing for him and treating him as our own but no contracts that we signed. Unless it was one of those many unknown papers we signed at the various notaries that were in Ukrainian? But truly, how did we know what we were signing? We just signed away and paid as we went!)
He sat in silence.
I asked if he signed a contract that he would be a good boy and always obey his parents?
No.
Well, we didn't sing any contracts either.
Then I laughed with my evil witch cackle and tickled him as he laughed.
He needs to know that we're nice and loving because we WANT to be, not because we are contractually required to be.
Right?
Or is he going to have nightmares tonight?
When we got home he gave me a big hug and told me "I just want to hug you." "Why?" I asked. "Because I just love you so much."
Yep. That's my boy and now he knows that my love isn't a legal obligation or a contractual agreement.
I also know that my witch cackle must not be that scary.
Hum....I think I'll have to work on that!

2 of my blog friends said something...:
lol. I just wrote up a family contract for us tonight. Hopefully it works... I would LOVE to take hairbows to Ukraine with me, and get pictures. Assuming that I actually get to go to Ukraine. This is taking forever:)
LOL I love that. :)
Post a Comment