Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mothers Day 2011

I had a great Mother's Day.
Normally, Rylee (and now with the help of Alex) makes me breakfast in bed but this year we had a 9 am missionary farewell to go to so I let them off the hook and we had donuts for breakfast. (You know your day is going to be great when you plan donuts for breakfast!)
I woke up to find these on the kitchen counter....
(It say's "Mom feel appreciated!")
A box of chocolates from Austin.
 (I'm pretty sure this is the first Mother's Day gift he's given me since making stuff in 5th grade!)
We went to the farewell. Dropped in to see my Grandma and wish her a happy Mothers Day and then came home and I was showered with gifts!
My cute Ry with her hand made gifts from school and primary.
The girls wrapped their gifts in their blankets! (They get this trait from their father- but he usually uses a Wal-mart bag!)
Alex told me "It is a little present but you will love it!"
And I did!
Skyp/Kiss-ing with James.
I have wanted a wooden salad bowl for years! Thanks Kambree!
 Devree & Rylee bought me an automatic Ice Tea Maker.
And here I am with my stash. They really spoiled me.
We went to my parents for dinner and my dad had planned a lovely BBQ - but we ate inside due to the terrible weather.   Kambree made a spinach/strawberry salad and this cake. I think it turned out darling!
Dad insisted that Mom and I do nothing. 
So we didn't.
We didn't lift a finger.
It was fabulous!

This morning I went to correct Alex's journal entry for Monday. He writes on Sunday too but that is the day I don't correct his entry. I want him to write from his heart and not worry about me critiquing it. In fact, I try not to even read it but I did this week and want to document it as part of my Mother's Day. (Here it is without editing.)

Today is mothers day. I gave a very good present for mom it is a necalas and erings. Devree and Rylee gave mom an iced tea maker. Kambree gave her a woden salad poll. I am grateful that mom can have this day because she is the best mom in the worold.


 Hallmark couldn't have said it better....

Thanks kids! Without you I wouldn't be a mother or have this day!




2 of my blog friends said something...:

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

Alex, you made me cry!

Heidi gail walls said...

Happy Late Mother's day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails