I am not looking forward to the next three weeks.
Mainly because my hubby will be gone. Yep, changing hitches...again. Which requires three weeks on then three off to get on the completely opposite hitch. As much as I hate it, I'm really glad he's switching hitches as this hitch gets him home for EVERY major holiday this year and will be well worth the three weeks in the long run.
As I look at the three weeks ahead I want to just jump in bed and cover my head and have someone wake me when James returns. Let me give you some bullets:
- We have not one but TWO dance recitals.
- One piano recital for three children.
- One child trying out for dance company. (Two days of auditions.)
- Mothers Day
- Dance Classes
- Mud guy starting the basement (Hurray!)
- Extra rehearsals for recitals
- Basketball practices twice a week from 6-7:30 (the worst time of the day for a child that cannot drive herself either way!)
- Weekly Fishing Class
- Scouts
- Young Women'sand
- My first 5K!
In addition to the boring daily stuff like minimal house cleaning, laundry, dinners, curfew control and hours of Alex homework help.
I am looking forward to lunch with my SAC friends and lunch with my friend for her birthday! (I try to find a lot of excuses to go to lunch while James is gone as that is the only "social" life I have.) And I am WAY excited to run for 30 minutes tomorrow as opposed to two 20 minutes sets! I just hope I don't get spit off the back of the treadmill.
Things I am happy to report:
- All the kids rooms are back together including the two basement rooms with new carpet
- My office has new carpet and is back together and we managed to reconnect the computer and multiple copiers/fax machines and (knock on wood) everything appears to be working and fit for it's intended purpose.
- Kambree is home with all her college stuff stockpiled for the fall in the corner of her room.
- Austin has agreed to wear a helmet while long boarding. (That is a feat in its self. It only cost me $43 for a "cool" helmet but way better than permanent brain damage. Right? Bones and road rash will heal.....brain damage doesn't!)
- I have a home closing a week from tomorrow. (Sounds of angels trumpeting)
- Alex upon getting a quick "door answering 101 etiquette" lesson told me "I will do better next time!"
- Devree made MAG (Murray All Girls Association) for next year.
- Rylee made a fabulous Strawberry Pie from scratch Friday night
- And the FOOT OF SNOW that we had Saturday morning is melted!!
I attended The Best of EFY on Saturday with our YM/YW and one of the speakers when talking to the girls about opposition and trials told them, "It's time to tie your hair back into a pony-tail and say 'Bring it on!' " and that is how I'm going to approach these next three weeks.
That or I'll crawl back in bed......

4 of my blog friends said something...:
So glad that you have a 5k coming up! You will love it. Now, here is your mantra for the next 3 weeks. "I am woman, hear me roar." You can do this, because you are a strong woman.
Fishing lessons?! I hope you go to lunch lots:)
The fishing lessons are for Alex. We have a little fishing pond within biking/long boarding distance and we signed him and his cousin Brach up for fishing lessons through the community. It's the last year they can take them. Little did we know that my Dad and brothers were going to be the instructors! (They have to put in service hours for their hunting licenses?) So on Tuesday night Brach and Alex fish with Grandpa! (Apparently Brach & Alex are the easiest and oldest and Grandpa lucked out having them in his group as opposed to groups of all 1st and 2nd graders my brothers get to work with!) Alex really likes it and he and Brach have gone off fishing on their own a couple time since. It's so cute to see them with their fishing poles sticking out of their backpacks. I think I might have to write a blog about this and get some pictures.
:)
Post a Comment