Wednesday night we had dual choir concerts!
6:00 at the Junior High with Devree and 7:00 @ the High School with Austin.
The tears started during Devree's solo.
She has tried out each and every time this year for a solo and never got one. Well, this one was well worth the wait. She did fabulous! I am trying to video and tears are just running down my face - and my dumb camera has a speaker issue but luckily it picked up her solo well.
I was so proud of her. Now, remember, this is my child that aspires to belt like a black lady. (See video - her solo is about 2:16 and last about 15 seconds!)
I was so proud of her. Now, remember, this is my child that aspires to belt like a black lady. (See video - her solo is about 2:16 and last about 15 seconds!)
We grabbed Dev and rushed over to the High School for concert #2!
They invited all Murray High A-cappella alumni up to join them on the stage to sing the closing number. "Friends". (If you want to hear this song, you can view it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbPKaIozS-c ) Yes, that would be me but I wasn't sure it was the same arrangement that we sang my senior year and everyone going up was YEARS younger than me so I didn't go up.
Well, it was the same song and arrangement that I bawled through my senior year and I sat and bawled through it -remembering every word by the way - in the audience 24 years later.
Glad I didn't go up.
I would be the old crying lady. I'm sure Austin would have loved that!
I had to go show a house quick afterwards and asked James to get a picture of Dev & Austin in their choir outfits. (If I had been there, I would have made Austin give me a more sincere smile but since this is all I've got.....here it is!)
Austin is done with choir and Dev's not sure she can fit it in her sophomore year. I've been attending choir concerts 4 times a year for eight years straight and most the time at two different schools and it sort of makes me sad to think about not going next year.
Then I remembered.
Alex is singing in 7th grade boys choir.
And you KNOW Rylee will be in choir the next year.
So, I figure I have at least eight more years to go!
Maybe I can manage to sing with the A-cappella WITHOUT crying by then?
Nah....
I'll probably just cry harder!

1 of my blog friends said something...:
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT!! Way to belt it out Devree! AMAZING!!!
Post a Comment