The day started out bright and early with my first 5K! Yikes! I am happy to say I lived. Sore today but still alive.
Here's Amy and I BEFORE the race. (I've been blogging about this. Remember, I am NOT a runner? We've been training since the end of December and set May 21st as our first 5K. At the time that seemed a long time away but what do yo know? The day came! Gulp.)
And after the race with our "swag". (We made a mental note that if we want to get a banana, we need to either run faster or at least go straight to the "swag" table after we run!) Amy blogged about our race too. You can read it here.
My goal was to not stop. Which I didn't but I did do some brisk walking and had to tie my shoe - twice - and stop for a car to pass - which was not my fault.
Amy on the other hand ran the whole time! (Woot Amy!) See that green jacket around her waist? I fell behind and would just keep an eye on her green butt so I wouldn't get too far behind. I knew I'd catch up in the end as I finish stronger than I start. Yep, I did. We crossed the finish line together but she deserves the biggest cheer for not ever walking!
Everyone has been asking, "So did you like it?" Uhhh . . . nope! But I am proud that I did it and I plan on doing it again. I told James I'm going to keep doing it until I learn to love it! I know my inner runner is in there somewhere, she's just buried very deep and prefers to eat chocolate, read blogs and go shopping!
Then I got home, showered and met Devee at the high school for the senior mother/daughter luncheon where she was introduced as a M.A.G. (Murray Association of Girls) sophomore officer for next year. (I forgot my camera so here is a side was shot on my cell phone.)
And one of us together. (Which Devree took with the phone the right direction.)
After the luncheon was cleaned up, I went home and took a nap (for twenty minutes) went grocery shopping, wrote up an offer, got it signed and faxed, made dinner, fed everyone and we were off to Devree's dance recital!
Dev dances at the same studio as my little niece Sydni. So it was especially fun because we had a dancer in the most advance class and the littlest class.
Dev with her friends...
And Grandma Nan....
Grandpa....
Brianna & Dev (both are in MAG together next year!)
Friend from class
And me with my glasses on and bad hair. (It's been a long day by now.)
At ice cream afterwards....
Whew! Even though the official race was over in less than 35 minutes, the whole day was a marathon!




0 of my blog friends said something...:
Post a Comment