Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Game On....False Start?

So today was suppose to be the start of GAME ON! Diet. but it's been postponed until next Monday. Boo. This is not good as I've spend the weekend eating terrible in preparation so despite the official game not starting for six more days, Kambree and I are starting today to get conditioned or warm up?
(Did I mention Kambree was doing this with me-her only condition? She DOESN'T want to be on my team! That hurt my feelings for just a minute until I realized that we'll keep each other honest AND I won't have to worry about what she's eating as she's the enemy! She's on the other team! Insert evil laughter here!)
So along with the eating plan, you have to drink 3 liters of water a day, get seven hours of sleep, give up one bad habit and incorporate one good habit. Which has nothing to do with food or diet. (As that is already taken care of in the food plan.) I have decided-after long thought-that my bad habit I am going to work on is surfing the Internet! I gave up TV months ago and instead spend hours mindlessly lurking blogs, reading FB, playing Family Feud on FB etc. So my goal is to only allow myself one hour of social Internet time. This does not include the hours I need to be on the computer for work or the time I spend writing my own blog. Just the time I spend lurking others & socializing. (Which I really don't socialize-I just read about others socializing.)
This seven hours of sleep a night is going to be tricky. Last night we didn't get out of rehearsals until eleven, by the time I dropped everyone off, got home, ordered our Bountiful Basket for Saturday and into bed it was 11:45. My gym appointment is at 5:30 am. I'm not sure how this is going to work. I did sleep until 6:45 and went on a walk but I'm feeling really guilty for ditching Jan this morning. I think until I get this play over with, I'm going to have to skip my early morning gym and just exercise later in the morning? But wow! I feel great having slept for seven hours straight!
Oh, my good habit? I'm going to read my scriptures for ten minutes a day and KNEEL down to say my prayers. (I know, that tells you how lazy I am doesn't it?) I know that's like TWO good habits but I sort of do both already just not as regularly as I'd like. The kneeling down part is strictly laziness on my part-that and my aversion to cold in the winter. But since it's summer-or at least will be some day? It's a good time to start this habit!
Right?
So, I've got my seven hours of sleep, got my exercise in, have started on my water, had my first of five meals-string cheese, banana & six cashews and I have only been lurking blogs for five minutes as I had to check on the Hinkson's and they're adventure in Ukraine.
In the back of my mind, I know this doesn't really count until Monday when the real game starts so I know I'll be tempted to cheat. Blogging it might hold me a little more accountable.
So, faithful readers-the two or three of you out there- feel free in the future to just skip all these entries with the words Game On in the title. As they'll probably be boring and inconsequential and tell you way more than you want to know!
So here's to GAME ON....my false start!

3 of my blog friends said something...:

Unknown said...

I really like this idea (minus the diet part). I should give up one bad habit for one good one.

Shannon said...

Oh noooo! Who's blog(s) do you cut out?? Eventually I ill have to give up the interwebz, but I don't think I could go cut and dry!

Wendy said...

Oh, I am not going cut and dry!! Just reducing to one hour a day! It's been tough BUT I do realize how much time I just spend sitting here in front of my computer!

Related Posts with Thumbnails