Well, we're in the thick of summer already.
Rylee, while writing in her journal today (and not happy about it-it was part of Mom School) wrote:
This is the worst summer. Alex is annoyinger, Dad is dad, Mom is making me do mom school and Kambree, Austin and Devree ignore me like always. I have to go to bed at 9:30pm. This is the worst summer!!!
I, trying to help her with her writing skills explained that Alex is MORE annoying. Not annoyinger. She didn't care. She claiming annoyinger to be her own word. Needless to say she was in a very crabby mood-she took it all back tonight at dinner.
Alex went to reading tutor up at the school after much debating the night before about how long it takes him to ride his bike to school. He told me three minutes-I wanted him to leave fifteen minutes before. So, I had him time himself on a trial run the night before. The first time the battery fell out of the timer and he told me three minutes. So, I made him go again and told him to go at a normal pace as no tutor wants to sit next to a hot, sweaty boy that raced his bike up the hill. The next time trial came in at 5.01 minutes to that I got him to agree to add 5 for locking up his bike and walking to the class room and then add two minutes for a cushion. So, he will leave TWELVE minutes before the hour.....not three!
This morning we kidnapped the senior girls in our ward for breakfast to welcome them to Relief Society. We do this every year but this year it was my OWN daughter. Ritva, our RS president brought a cow bell and was banging it to wake the girls up. Kambree rolled over thinking it was Austin bothering her than heard Ritva's voice and turned and glared at us! It was hilarious. She wasn't sure what was going on-what she thought was Austin turned out to be the RS president, secretary and myself!
We took them up to The Blue Plate Diner in Sugarhouse. It was a good morning.
On the way home, there was Alex heading to the school for reading. Without a helmet. I went home and grabbed one and took it up. There he was with dirty mechanic hands and dirt smudged under his nose sitting next to his tutor looking like.....well? AN ORPHAN! I made him go wash his hand and face.
When he got home his math tutor was coming and I made him wash again AND comb his hair and brush his teeth-something he hadn't done yet. I told him he could not go out and get dirty until his tutor sessions were over. (He had fifteen minutes to kill and was just itching to get back out and work on his project!) James taught him how to fix his flat tire and he was now working on Rylee's flat. I love how smart he is about stuff like that. I just wish he could be as smart about soap and water!
James and I escaped Saturday night and went out to the New Yorker for dinner and spent the night at the downtown Hilton. It was the first time we've ever left the kids home alone. They all made it to church the next day and the dishes were even done! I couldn't ask for more!!
Well, we're off to rehearsals.
Every night this week!
Rylee, while writing in her journal today (and not happy about it-it was part of Mom School) wrote:
This is the worst summer. Alex is annoyinger, Dad is dad, Mom is making me do mom school and Kambree, Austin and Devree ignore me like always. I have to go to bed at 9:30pm. This is the worst summer!!!
I, trying to help her with her writing skills explained that Alex is MORE annoying. Not annoyinger. She didn't care. She claiming annoyinger to be her own word. Needless to say she was in a very crabby mood-she took it all back tonight at dinner.
Alex went to reading tutor up at the school after much debating the night before about how long it takes him to ride his bike to school. He told me three minutes-I wanted him to leave fifteen minutes before. So, I had him time himself on a trial run the night before. The first time the battery fell out of the timer and he told me three minutes. So, I made him go again and told him to go at a normal pace as no tutor wants to sit next to a hot, sweaty boy that raced his bike up the hill. The next time trial came in at 5.01 minutes to that I got him to agree to add 5 for locking up his bike and walking to the class room and then add two minutes for a cushion. So, he will leave TWELVE minutes before the hour.....not three!
This morning we kidnapped the senior girls in our ward for breakfast to welcome them to Relief Society. We do this every year but this year it was my OWN daughter. Ritva, our RS president brought a cow bell and was banging it to wake the girls up. Kambree rolled over thinking it was Austin bothering her than heard Ritva's voice and turned and glared at us! It was hilarious. She wasn't sure what was going on-what she thought was Austin turned out to be the RS president, secretary and myself!
We took them up to The Blue Plate Diner in Sugarhouse. It was a good morning.
On the way home, there was Alex heading to the school for reading. Without a helmet. I went home and grabbed one and took it up. There he was with dirty mechanic hands and dirt smudged under his nose sitting next to his tutor looking like.....well? AN ORPHAN! I made him go wash his hand and face.
When he got home his math tutor was coming and I made him wash again AND comb his hair and brush his teeth-something he hadn't done yet. I told him he could not go out and get dirty until his tutor sessions were over. (He had fifteen minutes to kill and was just itching to get back out and work on his project!) James taught him how to fix his flat tire and he was now working on Rylee's flat. I love how smart he is about stuff like that. I just wish he could be as smart about soap and water!
James and I escaped Saturday night and went out to the New Yorker for dinner and spent the night at the downtown Hilton. It was the first time we've ever left the kids home alone. They all made it to church the next day and the dishes were even done! I couldn't ask for more!!
Well, we're off to rehearsals.
Every night this week!

1 of my blog friends said something...:
Yay for a night without kids, that were responsible.
Post a Comment