Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday Superstar!

A friend of mine in high school was looking for some actors to help with his film project today. (I know this because we're friends on facebook.) I looked at my Saturday and my clients had just canceled their appointment to look at houses and I figured what the heck? So I sent him a message saying I could help.
As Saturday approached I had so many things I should have been doing, like grocery shopping, cleaning my house, running errands but I'd been messaging back and forth with Kevin and I knew he was counting on me. I figured I'd be one of many extras and he promised it would only be from 10-2.
Friday night I got a message to wear summer clothes and he needed a few kids for an egg toss. I volunteered Alex and Rylee. It just happened to be at the park in our subdivision so we walked over at ten. He handed me the script and low and behold, I was the "star".
Apparently he's competing in the 48 hour film project at seven pm last night he got the topic and the mandatory prop list-an egg. He has to write the script, film it, edit it and return it by seven pm Sunday night.
The story is about investigative report Edna (me) and how she's going to the park to investigate another murder. There's a egg toss at the park as she walk through. She finds a 2nd murder victim clutching an egg and then she runs and everywhere she turns people are eating eggs, hiding Easter eggs, yelling for their kids to eat eggs. In the end she runs into her boss (the murder) who tries to comfort her in her hysteric's and he hugs her but you see him clutching and egg behind her back.
(Insert mysterious scary sound here!)
Had I known I would be running around so much I would have worn gym shoes-as I was in a sundress and flip flops. But it was fun. I got to reminisce with Kevin and another friend from high school, Andy Black-the boss/murder.
And at one point we actually had an older couple stop to see if I needed help-during the discovering the 2nd murder victim scene. Apparently my distress and call for help seemed pretty realistic?
I recruited Brach and Tyler and Traci and her kids to come be in a few shots. (The perks of having the film being shot only a block from your house.)
The premiere is the same night as opening night of Peter Pan. Darn. I would really like to go-or maybe it's best I don't?? There were so many shots of my backside running. Maybe I should just keep a low profile?
If we win (which I'm not thinking is very likely-no offense Kevin) then we get a budget to re-shot the whole thing and make it better and it will go to the Cannes film festival. Who knows? Maybe I'll be the next Napoleon Dynamite? (If I had a font for sarcasm I would have used it on that last sentence.)
Well, all those things I should have been doing instead of making a film are still patiently waiting for me so I better get going.

1 of my blog friends said something...:

Stacy said...

I think that sounds like fun and I can just see you playing the perfect reporter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails