Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wendy & The Real Lost Boy

In the play Peter Pan, there's a song the Lost Boy's sing when Wendy arrives in Neverland. They sing about how she'll sing to them, make them pockets, and tell them stories they've been longing to hear because Wendy's here to stay. Then the chorus goes:
"We have a mother at last we have a mother!"
Rylee has been singing this song over and over and practicing her dance steps in preparation for our play next week.
Today, while walking into the store Alex slipped beside me and he was singing softly "I finally have a mother at last I have a mother."
True, he was probably just imitating Rylee and didn't realize just how sweet and poignant this simple phrase was for me, this Wendy, his mother.
Yep, this little "Lost Boy" has found a mother. Her name just happens to be Wendy too!

By the way we have tickets for sale! $5 for per person or $20 for a family.
Show runs June 23rd-June 29th-excluding Sunday.
Email me at richharts@msn.com for more info!



2 of my blog friends said something...:

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

Love it. SO glad there is one less lost boy in this world. Be sure to post clips from the show...

Richards Fam said...

I love this little story, He's one lucky boy! Wishing I could come to the play...if only I could just grab a quick plane ride home!

Related Posts with Thumbnails