Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Photo Update

This is Alex yesterday with his math tutor/mentor. This is Jared, my friend Amy's son. Not only is he incredibly bright he's a good kid and an excellent student. My thought in having him help Alex with his math will not only help further Alex's math skills-they're working on a faction pizza in this picture-but give him a shining example of a bright and talented BOY! Austin is not a scholar and doesn't pretend to be and although James was a good student and the best when it comes to math and science he doesn't sit around reading or writing papers. I feel like Alex needs to see that it's okay and cool for BOYS/MEN to do homework and be smart. I think Jared is the perfect guy for the job.
I did promise that I wouldn't take their picture everyday, I just had to yesterday as they practically had on matching shirts.
I found it funny that both Devree and Austin wanted to know why I wasn't paying THEM to tutor Alex? Austin told me he may not know a lot but he knows more than Alex! And Devree who is an awesome student was just baffled. Why would I be paying Jared? I didn't get into it with them but somehow I think sibling tutoring would be detrimental for all involved. Especially me!
It was Hayden's b-day yesterday. Great. Another sixteen year old with a license. We made him marshmallow brownies to celebrate. With any luck I will go to settlement today with his parents. We sold their home here in Murray and they're heading to Saratoga Springs. What Thing One and Thing Two will do without each other is beyond me! (However, I'm sure they'll figure out that you can get to Saratago Springs by driving down Redwood Road!)
I had to snap a picture of Alex's label for his notebook.

This is the label on his "in wetions" note book. (The word he was trying for was inventions) In this aspect he IS imitating James, who keeps a similar notebook with drawings, figures & calculations of all his many inventions. This morning Alex was drawing a demented looking baby. Not sure how that is an invention but, oh well.
We sent the teenagers off to youth conference today. Three days. Wow. I don't know quite what to do with so much peace and tranquility and lack of testosterone and girl issues. They're heading up to my friend Amy's cabin in Idaho and I'm sure they'll have a great time. Good luck Amy!

Here's is a picture of my enthused kiddo's during Mom School this morning. They're doing their independent reading right now-I'm having Alex take notes on each page that he reads and then he has to summarize what he's read at the end of thirty minutes. We'll see how that goes.

Anyone have brilliant ideas of what to do with these two for three days? Besides the pleasure I get out of torturing-I mean teaching-them during Mom School?

1 of my blog friends said something...:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy--Do you mind sending me your e-mail address so I can get it to my sister? Mine is carriefinlinson@yahoo.com. It will be great fun to play the game. I hope I'm on your team because I have a feeling you can totally win at this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails