Last night I tiptoed into Alex's room to kiss him goodnight. I leaned over his bed to brush his hair off his forehead and POW! He flung out his arm and hit me in the eye and was on the defensive! I don't know if I just touched him at the crucial part of his dream or it's a fight or flight response. I quickly reassured him it was just me, mom coming to kiss him goodnight. He quickly settled and I tucked him in and mentioned that he socked me in the eye. "Sorry mom." he said sleepily.
This morning he asked me if I tucked him in last night.
Yes.
Did I hit you in the eye?
Yes.
I thought you bad guy.
Oh really? Did bad guys wake you up often in the orphanage?
(Yes, I realize that is a leading question but I was squeamishly concerned. If you had seen how quick and defensive he was-you would be too!)
No. But once hobo come in orphanage. Sleep under my bed.
What???
Apparently some homeless man found his way into the orphanage and feel asleep under Alex's bed. He went and got the teacher and the man was escorted out.
Scary.
Gives a new meaning to the character Goldilocks, doesn't it.
Hobo's under your bed?
No wonder I got hit in the eye!
This morning he asked me if I tucked him in last night.
Yes.
Did I hit you in the eye?
Yes.
I thought you bad guy.
Oh really? Did bad guys wake you up often in the orphanage?
(Yes, I realize that is a leading question but I was squeamishly concerned. If you had seen how quick and defensive he was-you would be too!)
No. But once hobo come in orphanage. Sleep under my bed.
What???
Apparently some homeless man found his way into the orphanage and feel asleep under Alex's bed. He went and got the teacher and the man was escorted out.
Scary.
Gives a new meaning to the character Goldilocks, doesn't it.
Hobo's under your bed?
No wonder I got hit in the eye!

1 of my blog friends said something...:
Funny, funny, funny. I hope you don't have a black eye.
Post a Comment