Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Conversations With Alex

Tonight while tucking Alex in I was telling him about a boy that was hosted by two different families and when one of the families showed up to adopt him he cried because he really wanted to go with the first family.
Why? He asked.
I don't know. I replied. Then I continued,
Maybe the first family had a cooler house or more money or something. I don't know.
Alex: Maybe he wanted lots of presents?
Me: Yes. Maybe.
Alex: Not me. I don't care about presents I just wanted a mom.
Sweet huh?
Then he quickly asked:
Why do American's have so much money?
I began to reply but then he thought of a much more pressing question,
Why do we fart?
I tried to shift gears and give a somewhat serious yet accurate answer all the while wondering how we went from one question to the next without a breath of thought.
Alex: It's really gas? Can it light on fire?
Me:Yes. But if you really feel you need to try it, you need to have your dad's supervision. I don't know anything about it and you could burn your bum.
(Seriously. I know this boy better than tell him he can't do it because he'll try or to leave him with a "Yes, it will light on fire" because then he'll for sure try but perhaps suggesting parental supervision will deter him? It was worth a shot...right?)
Oh. I don't want to burn my bum. I will not do it.
(Whew!)


0 of my blog friends said something...:

Related Posts with Thumbnails