Tonight Rylee asked me what immigrants are.
I began to explain. I explained the difference between illegal immigrants and immigrants using Alex as the example that if he hadn't gone back to Ukraine and we hadn't done the proper paper work then he would be illegal but because we did all the proper paper work he is a legal citizen of the United States-that he actually has dual citizenship with Ukraine.
Alex pipped in "But I cannot speak Ukraine."
I know, but you couldn't speak English at first either. Maybe someday you will re-learn Ukraine?
Rylee: When you go on your mission you will have three languages. English, Ukraine and your mission language.
Me: Right maybe you'll go to China and learn Chinese.
Rylee: Maybe you'll go to Japan and learn Japananglish.
Me: (Laughing) Do you mean Japanese?
Alex: I want to learn to speak Kung Foo!
And with that he made some funky karate moves and sounds.
I began to explain. I explained the difference between illegal immigrants and immigrants using Alex as the example that if he hadn't gone back to Ukraine and we hadn't done the proper paper work then he would be illegal but because we did all the proper paper work he is a legal citizen of the United States-that he actually has dual citizenship with Ukraine.
Alex pipped in "But I cannot speak Ukraine."
I know, but you couldn't speak English at first either. Maybe someday you will re-learn Ukraine?
Rylee: When you go on your mission you will have three languages. English, Ukraine and your mission language.
Me: Right maybe you'll go to China and learn Chinese.
Rylee: Maybe you'll go to Japan and learn Japananglish.
Me: (Laughing) Do you mean Japanese?
Alex: I want to learn to speak Kung Foo!
And with that he made some funky karate moves and sounds.

0 of my blog friends said something...:
Post a Comment