Sunday, July 18, 2010

One Little Guy Looking for a Family!

I knew adopting would change my life but I didn't know how greatly it would expand my circle of friends or how I'd be following along others during their adoption experience. We have four families in Ukraine adopting right now and lucky for me they each keep a blog. (You can find their links on my side bar!) I check on their blogs about five times a day!
One family is at Alex's orphanage in Dnipro and we've been able to see pictures of Alex's friends-one boy named Bogdan is in line to be adopted and Alex asks about him all the time, "When Bogdan come to America mom?" "I going to teach Bogdan American math!" (Because math in America is so different than math in Ukraine?)
Two of our families are at an orphanage in Sumy and both have mentioned this boy below, Dima. His story breaks my heart as does the thousands of stories out there. But the Stockwells and Gledhills can tell his story first hand so here are excerpts from their blogs regarding this boy, Dima.

This is from the Stockwell Blog
Today was difficult at the orphanage. Some of the children who don't have families, or who have never been hosted, were pained by the two sets of parents there today (us and Gledhills) here on the trip to take our children home to America. Little Dima/Punya, our little buddy, was found walking alone and crying before we left tonight. We went up to him and he was shy and trying to hide that he was crying. But he confided that he feels alone, and I would imagine that of course he feels this way, watching us here at the orphanage to pick up other children. We can't get him off our mind tonight, and are determined to find little Dima (and the others) a home, a family, a life outside of the orphanage complete with love and opportunities. We've bonded with so many of these kids in the last 9 days... I find myself praying for them all the time. I know we can't adopt everyone, but I'm telling you I wish we could.
And from the Gledhill Blog
We had a great time with the kids at the orphanage Saturday. We also met Dima who is a sweet kind boy , 13 years old. He is a great soccer player. Yesterday we were talking with the all the kids and we later found out that Dima went off in tears. We learned that he wants a family. It was so hard on him to watch us, knowing that two of his friends are soon to leave with a Mom and Dad. This broke our hearts. I could hardly get home that night without crying in the taxi. It all came out when I walked in the apartment. I have never felt so humble.

I'm posting this picture and these excerpts as you just never know who might read it, be touched or have a witness that this boy half a world away was meant to be a part of their family.

God bless and God speed Stockewell's, Gledhill's, Wendleboe's and Mecham's. You are in my prayers!

3 of my blog friends said something...:

Stacy said...

Breaks my heart, I wish I could help, I don't want children to know life without the blessings of family.

shastastevens said...

Oh, it is just heartbreaking. Beyond comprehension on so many levels to me.

Corbie said...

So heartbreaking - everyone deserves a family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails