Man it is hot!!
Hot, hot, hot!
And I'm sitting in my air conditioned house!
I should be making dinner but did I mention....it's hot?
So what am I doing? I sat down to the computer to enter some purchases in Quicken and make a menu for the week-I'd just returned from taken the kids to the library for their reading awards and a quick stop at the grocery store and then I thought I'd check on our families in Ukraine and I got sucked into blog world.
My blog world.
You know how those little "If you liked this entry you might enjoy...." and three other posts are at the bottom of each post? Well, it's just a random thing and I see the same posts all the time come up but today I clicked on one that I hadn't see in awhile and it was last July-the entry about Alex making cookies and going to the airport to meet Katya and the Lobo's when they came home. I thought it would be interesting to read what we were doing last year at this time-I was doing that through our adoption experience but had stopped-and then I was lost....lost in my own blog. I had forgotten so many of the things I had blogged about. Last year at this time Alex had been home less than three months and was saying the funniest and most tender things. I am so glad I recorded them. You always think you'll remember this or that but you don't. At least I don't. It was so fun to read what we were doing and see the progress that Alex has made. It was fun to see all the kids and notice how much they've changed in just a years time. It was tender to think back about my father-in-law who passed away last July.
My favorite entry in July was when Alex told me that he wished he was born from my tummy. And I had forgotten all the funny things and odd sentence structures he use to use. I don't have a baby book for Alex, a lock of his hair from his first haircut, pictures of him eating his first birthday cake. I have nothing like that, but I do have my blog-a record of his firsts with us.
So people....the three of you that read....BLOG!!! Not because I want to read more-you all know I'm trying to cut down to an hour a day-but because you will forget! I think sometimes we feel like we need to have something important to say or an important event-I know I feel that way sometimes but it's the day to day, every day ordinary posts-the one's where no one comments because there's not much to say? Those are the ones I love. Oh how I wish there had been blogs-or I had recorded in my journal-when all my children were babies. The funny things they said, the tears and trials. I attended church a few weeks ago in one of our old wards and I couldn't remember a thing from that time of our life. Kambree was three and Austin one when we moved and the only memory I could conjure up sitting in the chapel was a little dress that Kambree wore with bears on it. I could remember a dress!!! THAT WAS IT!
This quote is off of my friend Sara's blog and is so very true....
Do not trust your memory, it is a net full of holes; the most beautiful prizes slip through it. --George Duhamel
Well, it's still hot and now we're hungry too.
Guess I need to get off the computer!
Hot, hot, hot!
And I'm sitting in my air conditioned house!
I should be making dinner but did I mention....it's hot?
So what am I doing? I sat down to the computer to enter some purchases in Quicken and make a menu for the week-I'd just returned from taken the kids to the library for their reading awards and a quick stop at the grocery store and then I thought I'd check on our families in Ukraine and I got sucked into blog world.
My blog world.
You know how those little "If you liked this entry you might enjoy...." and three other posts are at the bottom of each post? Well, it's just a random thing and I see the same posts all the time come up but today I clicked on one that I hadn't see in awhile and it was last July-the entry about Alex making cookies and going to the airport to meet Katya and the Lobo's when they came home. I thought it would be interesting to read what we were doing last year at this time-I was doing that through our adoption experience but had stopped-and then I was lost....lost in my own blog. I had forgotten so many of the things I had blogged about. Last year at this time Alex had been home less than three months and was saying the funniest and most tender things. I am so glad I recorded them. You always think you'll remember this or that but you don't. At least I don't. It was so fun to read what we were doing and see the progress that Alex has made. It was fun to see all the kids and notice how much they've changed in just a years time. It was tender to think back about my father-in-law who passed away last July.
My favorite entry in July was when Alex told me that he wished he was born from my tummy. And I had forgotten all the funny things and odd sentence structures he use to use. I don't have a baby book for Alex, a lock of his hair from his first haircut, pictures of him eating his first birthday cake. I have nothing like that, but I do have my blog-a record of his firsts with us.
So people....the three of you that read....BLOG!!! Not because I want to read more-you all know I'm trying to cut down to an hour a day-but because you will forget! I think sometimes we feel like we need to have something important to say or an important event-I know I feel that way sometimes but it's the day to day, every day ordinary posts-the one's where no one comments because there's not much to say? Those are the ones I love. Oh how I wish there had been blogs-or I had recorded in my journal-when all my children were babies. The funny things they said, the tears and trials. I attended church a few weeks ago in one of our old wards and I couldn't remember a thing from that time of our life. Kambree was three and Austin one when we moved and the only memory I could conjure up sitting in the chapel was a little dress that Kambree wore with bears on it. I could remember a dress!!! THAT WAS IT!
This quote is off of my friend Sara's blog and is so very true....
Do not trust your memory, it is a net full of holes; the most beautiful prizes slip through it. --George Duhamel
Well, it's still hot and now we're hungry too.
Guess I need to get off the computer!

0 of my blog friends said something...:
Post a Comment