Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sumnmer Insanity & Upate

Well, it's time to "hang on and keep my hands and feet inside the ride at all times"! It's camp/birthday extravaganza at our home in the next few weeks. Dev is at girls camp-she'll get back on Friday. Alex leaves for 11 year old scout camp tomorrow and get's back on Saturday. Austin leaves for Montana on Saturday-he's vacationing with his friends family-and get's home next Saturday Kambree leaves the following Monday for Badgerett camp down at Snow-she gets home on Alex's birthday-the same day that Austin leaves for scout camp. The next Friday is Devree's birthday. Austin arrives home on Saturday we're ALL home on Sunday and then Alex leaves for scout camp on Monday and Kambree's birthday is on Tuesday! We have a four week period where we will ALL be home for TWO day's out of TWENTY EIGHT!
Is that insane or what??
Besides the overwhelming fear that I'll forget to get a child packed, dropped off or picked up at the right place and time and the ticking time bomb of birthday shopping followed by back to school shopping, things are good.
Not so good at my sisters house. She broke her leg last week. One surgery, one plate and five screws later she's home with orders to put no weight on her foot for six weeks and crutches for twelve! Her life is just as packed if not more than mine. She works 3/4 time, is taking a college chemistry course while she waits to get into PA school, has three kids of her own and one special needs foster son that makes Alex and Austin combined look saintly. Good thing we live close and her kids are like my own. Her littlest one spent the day with us and I love listening to her sing as she cuts up scrap paper into teeny tiny pieces and peppers the floor of my office. Syd will be three next Monday and has quickly learned that her mom cannot chase her or get her out of stuff so it's safer to be at Aunt Wendy's or send Rylee over to be the eyes and legs for Kammy.
We had a lovely lunch with our Ukraine friends today. Thanks for the sushi Amy! I always love getting together with the other parents that have adopted. I love seeing how their children have blossomed and hearing their funny stories and struggles.
We also try to keep tabs on the other families coming and going from Ukraine. The experience of adopting in Ukraine is something that just bond's us together.
I've been commissioned or recruited or something like that to write the Save A Child Foundation newsletter. I've been a slacker as we were up to our eyeballs in Peter Pan practices and performances and then the 4th, and camping and just life so I tried today to put something down on paper. I have this new Mac with a wonderful program and after we went out to lunch I sat down and really put some effort into the newsletter only to have some sort of error and the program shut down and everything I worked on lost!! Grrrr.....
I have a feeling it was something I did and not the computer but regardless, it's gone and I'm back to square one!
Alex is excited to be going to scout tomorrow. I'm a little nervous. I know he'll be fine and have fun and I don't doubt he'll enjoy a day off of studying but I just worry a bit. He's never been away from home for two nights without being with us.
Last night when I discovered he hadn't done his reading or his journal he lost $5 of his $100 for studying. That's the deal. The deal was I wouldn't be reminding him or hounding him to do his studies and it would be finished before nine thirty at night. Just after nine last night I asked if he was done. (He's been watching TV for a couple of hours and playing most the day so he had plenty of time.) Nope. When I had him do the math as to how he was going to get thirty minutes of reading in before nine thirty when it was 9:08 he agreed he had failed to hold up his end of the bargain.
When I went to tuck him in he told me in a quivering voice that he "just can't handle ninety dollars" (the amount his $100 is down to). I was a bit confused but what I think he was trying to say was he just can't handle EARNING his $90 dollars. I explained that he had to study one way or another either he could do it willingly and earn the money or I could remind him and hound him each day. Either way he had to do it. We talked about how sometimes we make mistakes and that all he made was a $5 mistake. Why throw away the whole $90? He was pretty down trodden and resigned to the fact that he just can't do it. After a few more words of encouragement and a "sleep on it and tell me what you decide in the morning" he's back on track and worked on his studies first thing this morning.
Game On Diet! Update.
I've lost six pounds. I even stayed on plan at girls camp which was no easy task. We're at the top of our fourth week. My team isn't doing so well, I think we're in 4th overall. Boo. But man alive! If it weren't for peer pressure I would have falling of the wagon long ago! I do love my free day and I would probably be down more than six if it weren't for my love of eating everything under the sun on free day!
James is back to work. ((Sigh)) But we're so grateful for his job and more importantly his paycheck!
Blessings to all!
Wendy

0 of my blog friends said something...:

Related Posts with Thumbnails