Many families have family heirlooms.
Diamond rings.
China.
Antique Furniture.
But nothing as cool as mine....
No, it's not the Barbie Cake.
Nope, not even the Barbie doll.
It's the Barbie PAN!!
I inherited it when my Grandma Johnson passed away. The very pan that she use to use to make ME Barbie cakes with when I was just a little girl. Am I lucky or what? (It helps that my Aunt Bev loves me and knew I really wanted it and she made sure I got it.)
Now, I am not a cake decorator by any stretch of the imagination but I do LOVE making Barbie cakes. So, I was honored that my niece Sydni requested a Barbie cake for her 3rd birthday. (That or my sister talked her into it as Kammy making a cake with her broken foot was probably NOT an option)
Here is Syd and Kam with the cake.
And me helping Syd cut her cake.
Opening presents....
And an away shot to get the full picture of Kam's poor foot!
Syd is so fun to give gifts too as she's such girly girl-the polar opposite of my sis! I didn't get the squeal of delight on camera when she opened her Tinker Bell dress-up we gave her but here she is getting her pink feather boa from Grandma and Grandpa.
Happy Birthday sweet Syd!

1 of my blog friends said something...:
I think that it is neat that you got your grandma's pan. Those things that have memories have more meaning that a ring that you know nothing about, in my opinion.
Post a Comment