Our first package was well received roughly 3-4 weeks after I sent it. The only request Lex made was "to send more cars".
So, I put together a New Years package (It won't get there on time but sometime in January.) with a letter talking about goals for the New Year and telling him our goal was to come get him and his goal should be to learn English in 2009!
I sent the requested cars, a few treats, magic tricks, a Rubik cube AND what I'm sure Lex will love....
BOOKS TO LEARN ENGLISH!
I figured it couldn't hurt! I found a dual Ukrainian to English & English to Ukrainian Dictionary, (which I told him to take good care of as I'm sure we'll need it when we get there!) another picture dictionary for children (I sent one back with him when he left but this one has lots more words and pictures) and a book with a CD geared to teaching children English. (I found all these items on amazon.com.) I'm not sure if he can play CD's in the orphanage but I ripped it to my Ipod so when we get there he can hear it and practice. (It's a very long plane ride home, you know?)
It's sort of a bizarre CD-I listened to a few tracks as I was loading it onto my Ipod-it shows pictures of a room of stuff like the bathroom or the kitchen then the recording makes the sound of the object, states the name of the object then repeats and you follow along in the book looking at the pictures. Exciting huh? I'm sure he is going to be so thrilled to get these books....or not. (I really need a font for sarcasm.)
I suggested he start a study group with the other children being adopted. Even if he only learns a few words, it's a few less words that he has to learn here, right?

Anyway, I plan to mail it on Monday with my certified letter to the Louisiana appostille. Which I finally got today! All I need is James doctor to finish putting the lab results on his medical exam and get everything to the appostille and then to the adoption coordinator and then....
WE WAIT!
We missed each other instant messaging today. (There is a nine hour time difference.) Hopefully, tomorrow we'll be more in sync.
BOOKS TO LEARN ENGLISH!
I figured it couldn't hurt! I found a dual Ukrainian to English & English to Ukrainian Dictionary, (which I told him to take good care of as I'm sure we'll need it when we get there!) another picture dictionary for children (I sent one back with him when he left but this one has lots more words and pictures) and a book with a CD geared to teaching children English. (I found all these items on amazon.com.) I'm not sure if he can play CD's in the orphanage but I ripped it to my Ipod so when we get there he can hear it and practice. (It's a very long plane ride home, you know?)
It's sort of a bizarre CD-I listened to a few tracks as I was loading it onto my Ipod-it shows pictures of a room of stuff like the bathroom or the kitchen then the recording makes the sound of the object, states the name of the object then repeats and you follow along in the book looking at the pictures. Exciting huh? I'm sure he is going to be so thrilled to get these books....or not. (I really need a font for sarcasm.)
I suggested he start a study group with the other children being adopted. Even if he only learns a few words, it's a few less words that he has to learn here, right?

Anyway, I plan to mail it on Monday with my certified letter to the Louisiana appostille. Which I finally got today! All I need is James doctor to finish putting the lab results on his medical exam and get everything to the appostille and then to the adoption coordinator and then....
WE WAIT!
We missed each other instant messaging today. (There is a nine hour time difference.) Hopefully, tomorrow we'll be more in sync.

3 of my blog friends said something...:
I need to find one of those books for Spanish. It looks about my level.
Well, he'll definitely love the cars and magic tricks...:)
Jan 13th Ukraine celebrates "Old New Year" so maybe your package will get there by then. It's a big holiday. What great communication you have now.
Post a Comment