The day Alexey left I put a picture of him in a heart shaped locket and I have worn it everyday since. (I told him, even though he will be far away, he will be close to my heart!)
However, the locket I had was not high quality (crappy would be the correct word for it) and although I made a point to never shower in it, (which would not only guarantee to turn my neck green, it was also cause grief to my precious picture inside) it was not holding up well. The chain broke a few weeks ago, and I switched the slightly tarnished locket to another. Knowing how much I wanted (with a few not so subtle hints) a new locket, James got me a much nicer, new one for Christmas.
And just so my other children don't feel left out, I added their pictures to the other side. This way when I'm in the Ukraine, they can be close to my heart too!
Then my Mom & Aunt Debbie made my sister and me a personalized quilts. I got weepy when I opened this. This picture does not do it justice.
But each square is personalized and all about me. There is a square of houses (for real estate), barns (I live in a barn shaped house and I love barns), chocolate, little dogs, kittens, school (for my substituting) music notes and piano keys (for my love of musical theater and singing) cooking , gardening, high heeled shoes and purses, and my favorite aprons! (I'm always wearing an apron!) It touched my heart and I just cried. 2nd time today, as my sister gave me a little plate with this cute sister saying. Normally, I am not a weepy person and I don't cry pretty so you won't see any of those pics on this blog!
Kambree and her haul...
Austin and his stash....
Dev and her gifts....
Ry and her booty.....

0 of my blog friends said something...:
Post a Comment