On the 24th I received another email from Ivan asking me if I have an ICQ account and giving me his wife (Snezhana's) account number. I quickly figured out that an ICQ account is an instant messaging program, signed up and contacted them via this program. Now, I know this will sound crazy to those of you that instant message on a daily bases and are perhaps much younger than I, but I was in awe! I was communicating within seconds with people half way around the world! It was AMAZING!!
Ivan & Snezhana have been married for a year. Alexy and Ivan have different fathers and they don't know if their mother is still living as they have no communication with her. This is the two wedding pictures they sent.


Do I worry that they don't want Alexey to come to America? Of course. That maybe they're trying to get him out of the orphanage? Yes. But the important thing here is what is best for Alexey. Obviously getting out of the orphanage is the best thing. If its with us or with his brother.
Of course, I figure out this ICQ stuff late in the afternoon on the 24th and my father in law had just arrived and I had so much to do and had to excuse myself from our instant messaging conversation to wrap up Christmas preparations. The great thing is they asked me to write in English and they will write to me in Englis. For the most part, I think they do a great job! I really thing they are just concerned and want the best for Alexey. They're going to pick him up on Friday (I'm not sure if that is today or next Friday) and keep him for a week. They said they'll have him write me (I hope on this instant message thing!) which is great because we were unable to get anyone to answer at the orphanage the morning of the 24th.
I can't imagine how hard it must be to have your little brother in an orphanage. I know that they're technically half brothers but you can tell through the pictures that Ivan looks like he looks out for Alexey. It's also nice to see smiling faces and happiness. It's good to know that he has that in his life.Do I worry that they don't want Alexey to come to America? Of course. That maybe they're trying to get him out of the orphanage? Yes. But the important thing here is what is best for Alexey. Obviously getting out of the orphanage is the best thing. If its with us or with his brother.

0 of my blog friends said something...:
Post a Comment