Thursday, December 18, 2008

2nd "Moms" Lunch...

Today we had another "Mom" lunch but we were fortunate to have three "Dads" join us. (Including my James!)
It's always great to get together and share our feelings, concerns and encourage each other. I feel so bad as some of these Moms & Dads have not heard from their children at all. Some cannot even call, as the phone is only accessible a few hours a day and the children are in school at that time. I really shouldn't complain anymore. I've talked to my boy and received a letter and I feel so connected to him. In fact, I'm surprised how defensive I've become. I feel like a Mama Bear when it comes to Lex (just like I am with my original four!).
I got another email from Ukraine today. The translation is really choppy but in regards to what my Stake can do for the children. Here is their reply.
Good day, dear, and James Venda! Today, handed a letter of Mykolayivni Hope. It requested the transfer - she is very pleased that you are interested in the fate of orphans of school and you care about their fate. Given that school funding reduced because of the crisis in the world, your desire to help is appropriate. Your church can collect any items of clothing for
children aged 8 to 18, as well as stationery items (pens, pencils, notebooks, etc.). Prove their respect to you and thank you in advance for your assistance. Anna.
So I'm interrupting this as Anna talked with the director and they are excited that we're going to bring items for the children and basically anything would be welcome. However, I'm suggesting we limit it to new socks, underwear and undershirts to avoid well meaning folks from bringing me their huge bag of DI clothing. (We do have to consider how we're going to get all this over there!)
No news in the mail today. No updated I-171H or letter from James employer. I had it in my head I would have everything notarized, okay-ed and appostilled by Christmas but our test results for my HIV test and Syphilis won't be back until early next week. So I guess our new target date is New Years.
I should have taken a picture at lunch today so I could blog all of us worried parents! Someone remind me next time. I always carry my camera.
I sent out our Christmas Letter and I think I'll blog it as well.
(If you've already received it-just stop reading now!)


Wow! 2008 has been an eventful year at the Richhart home. If you noticed we have an extra child in our family picture this year. The handsome young man, in the blue stripped shirt is our soon to be son.

Here’s a quick synopsis of what else has happened in 2008:

James got a great job working in the natural gas fields in Wyoming. No, we are not moving. He commutes. For two weeks straight he works out of town and then he’s home solid for two weeks. We look at it as partial retirement as he only works six months out of the year. He still loves to ride is bike, hike & box with Austin. He also just got his first patent approved and plans on manufacturing “The Glummy soon.

For more information you can check out his website at www.glummybag.com

Wendy is still selling real estate and substitute teaching on the side. She and Kambree performed in "Footloose" this past summer and her 3 second commercial for "X" Insurance is currently playing on TV (don't blink or you'll miss her-she's the woman that falls down, an unless you know it's her-you wouldn't notice!) She absolutely loves her new kitchen, is learning the skills of part time-single parenting and is becoming proficient in international adoption requirements and the many hoops involved in getting one little boy over here legally. (She has many illegal ideas but is opting to try legal means first!)

Kambree is on Murray High’s Dance Company this year and taking FOUR college courses at school. She has found the joy and freedom of dating & driving . She is a huge help with shuttling her brother and sisters around. She is very proud to announce that she can text without looking at her phone. (Impressive right?) She is working as a receptionist for Cookie Cutters Hair Salon and has started applying for scholarships and stressing out about where to go to college in fall of 2010!

Austin is towering above all of us but James at five foot ten. Next year he’ll probably surpass James too. He is playing recreational basketball, in 9th grade concert choir and serving in the teachers quorum as 2nd councilor. He is looking forward to having another guy around-especially when Dad’s gone.

Devree is excelling in 7th Grade. (One of her teachers told her-two weeks before the end of term-that if she didn’t do any more work for the rest of the term she’d still get an A!) She is in the school musical “Suessical” and still performing with Guyz and Dollz Performing Group. She is also playing basketball makes a mean chocolate chip cookie, and loves being in Young Women’s.

Олексій десять років, і в даний час живе в притулку в Dniprodzerzhynsk.He любить банани, відбувається купівля, Nerf рінуться пістолети, пульт дистанційного керування автомобілями, і нічого в електронній формі. Він навчився їздити на велосипеді, коли він був тут, і він може харчуватися більш ніж Джеймс може в один присісти. Його мета в цьому році полягає в тому, щоб мати сім'ю і навчитися говорити Англійська!

Translation: Alexey (We think he’ll go by Alex when we adopt him-as Austin is sure he’ll get grief from having a girl sounding name!) is ten years old, and currently lives in an Ukrainian orphanage in Dniprodzerzhynsk. (Don’t worry, we can’t say it either!) He loves bananas, going grocery shopping, Nerf dart guns, remote control cars and anything electronic He learned how to ride a bike when he was here and he can eat more than James can at one sitting. His goal this year is to belong to our family and learn how to speak English!

Rylee is in third grade. She dances with Murray Community and Guyz and Dollz and she is the MOST excited to have another brother. She just doesn’t understand why Santa can’t bring Alexey home for Christmas. “He can just stop at the Ukraine and put him in his sleigh!” She played soccer this year, took swimming lessons, went to drama camp and got baptized!

Ella and Midnight (Dog & Cat) are still under foot and co-existing in their never ending love/hate relationship.

We look forward to 2009 and bringing Alex home. So many miracles have happened to get us to this point, if you want to catch up and follow our journey, please check out our blog @ www.blessedwitharichhart.blogspot.com

We are so grateful for this season and for the love of our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. We love you all and wish you a very Merry Christmas!
Love,
James, Wendy, Kambree, Austin, Devree, Rylee and Alex






3 of my blog friends said something...:

Jen said...

Thanks for all the research you have done with this adoption stuff. I have been a beneficiary of your work and I appreciate all you are doing.

Corbie said...

I should be addressing the other things in your post but I can't because I am too busy looking at that gorgeous family photo!

Absolutely beautiful!

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

We got your christmas letter and picture/and card. It was great. We always love hearing from you! and i really enjoy the updates!
Loves,
Cousin Heidi

Related Posts with Thumbnails