Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Introducing Ivan....

Just in case you think I'm so overwhelmed with the holidays that I've forgot my little boy in the Ukraine, please know that is NOT the case! I am just so frustrated in gathering this paper work. I finally got an updated I-171H form TODAY in the mail and an email from James employer that his letter is in the mail TODAY and a call from my doctor's office that my form is ready, signed and notarized but when I was transferred to James' doctors nurse (same clinic as my doc) they don't have his labs back yet! Which baffles me as we went in and had our labs done on the same day at the same time. I was maybe 2 minutes ahead of him as I went first!!!
UGH....
I got an email from Alexy's brother. Now, I'm going to take this at this point as a well meaning brother that only wants the best for Alexey. Here's what he wrote:
Good evening Wendy and James.
My name is Ivan Berdo. I am a older brother from Alex.
I knew recently that You want to adopt him ( Alex). I want to know your
family better to agree to adoption.
I know that Alex want this, that is why my decision is very important
and fate for his life.
I think us it is necessary to become acquainted closer, to communicate
and hold connection, because we don't want lose connection with Alex
after adoption.
We are waiting for your answer.
With best regards Ivan.
Here is what I wrote back.Dear Ivan,
We are so happy to hear from you! Alexey told us about you and we cannot
wait to meet you.
I'm sure Alexey has told you all about us and how excited we are to have him
come live with us.
We live in Utah with beautiful mountains, snow and fresh air. We also live
close to a river and park.
We would  love for you and Alex to always stay in touch. Could you give us
your address and phone number?
We hope you are well and healthy and we look forward to meeting you. We have
limited information about Alexy's past and would love any information you
could give us.
Our hope is to provide Alexey with a loving family and a permanent place to
call home.
We are working to get all our paper work to Ukraine. We have no idea
when we will actually be able to travel to Ukraine to finalize the
adoption.
Please tell Alex we love him. We are working as fast as possible to get all
our paper work done.
I hope this email translates correctly and does not sound crazy.
Happy Holidays!
James & Wendy Richhart
PS I have included a picture of our family that we took when Alex was with
us. You will see how happy he looks and how well he would fit in with our
family.


3 of my blog friends said something...:

Jen said...

Yeah, that would make the hair stand up on the back of my neck as well! It was a great response. How much older is this brother, that I didn't even know he had?

Corbie said...

I think I am in the minority here but I thought the letter was well-meaning and sincere. I wouldn't worry a bit.

Anonymous said...

Your letter was so wonderful! all will be well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails